Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:03 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:03 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

Warnings: 0
American Coupon Boy wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
Someone should have said that to Corinne! :P

Was that the lady who gambled £250k/1p? Wasn't she well off and wanted the money to buy a boat or something?

She wanted to buy a vintage Bentley. BTW, it is not idiotic to take the final punt with 1p in the final two. :smt011 If anything, it's more justified to do so with the 1p there as it holds down the offer and you join a special DoND club if you win it and possibly are invited back.

I hardly think her £88,000 offer was held down by the 1p, considering we've seen less offered with a medium red instead of the 1p.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

Saperogo wrote:
norwichdonder wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
Someone should have said that to Corinne! :P

Was that the lady who gambled £250k/1p? Wasn't she well off and wanted the money to buy a boat or something?

She wanted to buy a vintage Bentley. BTW, it is not idiotic to take the final punt with 1p in the final two. :smt011 If anything, it's more justified to do so with the 1p there as it holds down the offer and you join a special DoND club if you win it and possibly are invited back.

I hardly think her £88,000 offer was held down by the 1p, considering we've seen less offered with a medium red instead of the 1p.

I meant when it's left with anything other than the £250,000, particularly a non-power 5 amount. For example, yesterday Jemma probably would've been offered £10k-£12k, based on her previous offers, if she left the £1 with the £35,000 but leaving the 1p made the Banker nudge it down a bit as part of him wanted her to go for it and win the 1p.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig
Global Moderator

I meant when it's left with anything other than the £250,000, particularly a non-power 5 amount. For example, yesterday Jemma probably would've been offered £10k-£12k, based on her previous offers, if she left the £1 with the £35,000 but leaving the 1p made the Banker nudge it down a bit as part of him wanted her to go for it and win the 1p.

He doesn't always lowball 2-box offers with the 1p there. Selen from last June got £30,000 on a final two of 1p and £100,000. And Dave from March 2008 got £20,000 with 1p and £50,000.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig
International Forums Moderator

Well he didn't do what I'd have done (I'd have either exploited the 11-box generosity or proceeded to the PJ finish) but he got it spot on. Actually the only realistic route to more was going straight to the end (with the swap, obviously), as No Dealing £30,000 initially was thirty thousand times more justifiable than dealing and then undealing it would have been.

No lack of tension this week, two penny/P5 finishes!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

Anyone willing to hand back £30k on a 1p/£75k finish and then swap their box may not be short of "guts", but they may be short of a number of other things...

Craig was a good character who didn't let his injury hold him back, and handled the precarious board he had very well. Thankfully Noel didn't rub in the end result too much (realising it would have felt like one crazy gamble too many), although it'll be interesting to see if he makes any reference to the fact the 1p has indeed been on the table on consecutive days after all his speculating about it at 5-box.

Overall, for £39k to be won in 2 games where a collective amount of 2p started out on the table is pretty good going methinks. Probably better than on previous occasions where that's happened - the only one I can think of at the moment is Sue and Shaun in January 2008, and I'm thinking there must be others...?

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:38 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

Enjoyable game and a OPW in my eyes. Perhaps in situation like these, Noel could ask whether the player would have swapped but doesn't do the physical swap.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Only blues now are 4 of the Banker's Power 5! :o

That's hobo 5 to you! :-D

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

BankerSpanker wrote:
Another Laura?! :shock:

Also, the fourth Laura to stand in E5 too!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

JamesJMH91 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:
Another Laura?! :shock:

Also, the fourth Laura to stand in E5 too!

It's a popular area of the wings for Lauras, since £250k Laura was from E4 and two late last year were from E3!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

I used CTRL+F in the commentary archive and typed in Laura. 11 results came up which means this is the 12th Laura who has been on DOND! :o

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:34 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
I used CTRL+F in the commentary archive and typed in Laura. 11 results came up which means this is the 12th Laura who has been on DOND! :o

How exciting.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:21 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig

Q: What is the most frequently-occurring name for contestants? I am certain that John and James are among the most common names, but there may be others.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:44 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 23/04 Craig
Global Moderator

Mad Mark wrote:
Q: What is the most frequently-occurring name for contestants? I am certain that John and James are among the most common names, but there may be others.

Paul, I think. About 30 Pauls have played, IIRC!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]