Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:11 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:11 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 21/04 Liam
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'm not sure which is worse - the staggeringly xenophobic trailer for the Channel 4 News coverage of EU expansion, or Noel's shirt.

Yes Noel's shirt was that bad.

Highlights of the Phyllis comedy show, and Noel staggeringly brushes over the £250k on the table. New leaf comprehensively turned over!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Hopefully not a third big Banker victory in a row.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Liam Quinn, from Manchester by way of Portrush in Northern Ireland, has Box 6 and a beard quite like Noel.

Music scene bought him over the North Sea; he's now looking to get a Masters in community youth work. He talks about where that passion started.

Girlfriend and brother - the latter an artist - in the F&F block. Wakeyists, edit your copy paste spiel in preparation now.

Game on!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Box 14 (Bex) - £50,000

Noel says at least it wasn't the QM.

Box 2 (Armin) - £100

Letterbox.

Box 17 (Tim) - £1,000
Another letterbox would be nice here!

Box 20 (Gareth) - £3,000
"Three good boxes," Noel asserts before getting excited about Liam's propensity to jig around the floor!

Box 16 (Mark) - £75,000
Oh dear oh dear...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Banker delays the call, Noel invited a jig, the delay was because brother TJ was so laid back and he was taking his cue from that...

Banker's offer:

£4,000 + roll neck

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Liam asks if anyone's dealt at 17-box, says he's "absolutely skint", Noel says he can go that early if he wants, No Deal anyway.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:17 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

How can you call that generous?! :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Banker phones to tease us about a music video Liam was in after the break...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Well there's the first mistake, saying that you are 'skint.'

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

BankerSpanker wrote:

Do you think the production team don't have an idea of a player's financial circumstances anyway?

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Looks like another very cautious player at the moment. If this next round is a good one I would expect a poor offer as to what he said.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

BankerSpanker wrote:

I agree, although it's likely his wishlist would be on his application form. Second mistake giving serious thought to the 17box offer.

He comes across as an honest player which I admire. (perhaps too honest to be a canny DONDer). I also like his volunteering work. However this sort of positive stuff counts for very little in terms of deal offers.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Simon F wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

Do you think the production team don't have an idea of a player's financial circumstances anyway?

Hmmm... good point.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Mark wrote:
Looks like another very cautious player at the moment. If this next round is a good one I would expect a poor offer as to what he said.

Just because he considered the 1st offer doesn't mean he's cautious. If anything, it means he might be after a spot in the Hall of Fame and may go all the way if the £250,000 stays. I'd Deal some of the ridiculously high opening offers the show has had throughout its history and yet I'd go to the end more often than the majority on this forum, especially when the £250,000 is in play.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

KP wrote:
Noel staggeringly brushes over the £250k on the table. New leaf comprehensively turned over!

Absolutely, but that is typical Noel. Even a 1 game memory loss wouldn't surprise me. Also notice his off the cuff comment about 250k appearing in the first round. That was Noel jinxing in its finest!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Should be 5-figures now.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Approximately 92% of 4oD shows are US sitcoms apparently.

Noel brings us back, and here comes the video... Liam is shaking his head...

The video for "Mercy" by Duffy features him dancing! How come? Well, Northern soul was the area of music that bought him to England, he was also always a keen dancer, and he got to an audition through connections there I think he said.

We have two people on the wings scared of pigeons. Guess what sound plays in the studio. Yes.

Box 5 (Craig) - 1p
Worth the wait!

Box 9 (newbie Sophia) - £250

Box 11 (Liz) - £50

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam
Global Moderator

I'm guessing that we see a lot more stuff like this LIVE, and it's not always left in. Confirmation, anyone?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

hogwild94 wrote:
I'm guessing that we see a lot more stuff like this LIVE, and it's not always left in. Confirmation, anyone?

I think most performance stuff stays in the edit(well from the games I've seen)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Liam

Banker says the video is going to be re enacted! And this will get him good offers! Presumably because it'll use up edit time! And Noel calls for Roy! This cannot be explained without exclamation marks of terror!

Teresa is also called upon. And Noel is donning a wig to look slightly less unlike Duffy.

I can't do this justice.

I'm liking the lights if nothing else.

Anyway, generous offer...

Banker's offer:

£13,000

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]