Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:31 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 7:31 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Warnings: 0
Well three of the power five still in play, most likely guaranteed to leave one of them to the end.

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:04 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Watched that one.

A couple of brave, verging on reckless no deals I think. And then out come the sensible deal and that happens.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie
International Forums Moderator

You could hardly have created a better board for setting up big money misguided gambles.

And then the player rejects the chance to take the one at 5-box and that happens.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

A possibly Bankers Gamble could have happened if he had left the blue at two box.

Joel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Yet ANOTHER power 5 amount missed out on... Yes, the deal was sensible and I respect that. But I do wish players these days were a bit more brave. :roll:

About bloody time the £75k came to the table, too.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
daniel123 wrote:
American Coupon Boy wrote:
At this rate he's certainly isn't going past the 4th offer. :roll:

Mark, please!

Oh, wait. :suspect: :P

Oops, it looks like I had another 2012 Mark moment. :oops:

2012 Mark Moment?

These new kids and their slang :smt011

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Skyline wrote:
2012 Mark Moment?

These new kids and their slang :smt011

Surely you remember Mark's aggressive nature on the forums this time last year.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:40 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

That 5-box configuration is very tricky, imo. Sure, hitting the £50 would be magnificent, but it's not likely the final offer would be much higher than £32,000. But keeping £50 to the end puts you in a spot where the banker could easily give a poor offer to force you to open your box and potentially win £50. That's why I don't call that a bad deal (I'd have dealt at that point, in fact).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

A tricky 5 box to judge that one, because the remaining amounts were so close together the offer actually seemed (to me) less generous than it was. Psychologically I always look for the 5 box offer to be at higher than at least 60% of the boxes in play at that stage so even though £32,000 was close to the mean it didn't feel it, simply by virtue of being less than £35k.

It sounds silly now but I would have been tempted to play on for that reason. Look at the board mathematically and it's a no brainer deal, appraoch it emotionally and it feels like Jamie walked away from an easy £75k.

It's not often i feel such conflicting emotions over a result but I'm in something of a turmoil over whether Jamie made the right choice of not. Having said that £32k is a tidy sum no matter what..

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:50 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

it's very hard to pitch an offer on that board. I MIGHT have been sucked in to carrying on with there being only being 1 blue and £20,000 and the next amount up

sonicrules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

JamesJMH91 wrote:
it's very hard to pitch an offer on that board. I MIGHT have been sucked in to carrying on with there being only being 1 blue and £20,000 and the next amount up

I'd like to think I'd have carried on with that board for those reasons, guaranteed 20k at the end at worst, if you find the blue you're massive quids in, tough one to play but fancied him to no deal, had a bad feeling the moment he dealt! Shame it didn't work out for him but he wont be complaining too much!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Like others have said, a tough board to play. Yes there's a 60% chance of taking the £50 but also a 60% chance of taking out the £75k and then there's a 50/50 chance that you're left with a blue/red finish.

Any other amount other than the £75k in the box and it might not have seemed so bad.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Plus with three of the power five still in play, most likely one of them will stay at two box.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Mark wrote:
Plus with three of the power five still in play, most likely one of them will stay at two box.

Yes, because there's only 10% chance of taking them all out. It's the kind of board, I'd have preferred to have made a decision live because it's a lot easier to say you'd have gone on knowing the outcome of the proveout round.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/04 Jamie

Indeed... any board with 3 (or more) or more of the power five in my view is always worth around round... but with 2... could become a one box game...

Plus five box with four five figure amounts do not happen that often.

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]