Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:45 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 5:45 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Warnings: 0
JoelDavies wrote:

Banker's offer would've been:

£22,500
:evil: NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH!

It is certainly possible considering Tommy was offered £21,500 on basically the exact same board and his 11 box offer was slightly less generous than Jean's.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean
International Forums Moderator

The offer inflation continues.

OFFER £31,000
Actually that's not as bad.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Stats at 5 box

Average: £54,600.30
Fair deal: £19,482.62
Volatility: 10.87
Board total: £273,001.50

£31,000
:evil:

50p
£1

£3,000
£20,000
£250,000

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

£31,000? JUST GET OUT!! :evil:

I know £15,000 was inflated but making proveout offers that high is NOT FAIR! :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

How many £250k back to backs have we had?

Box 11 (Neil) - £250,000!
Not one here.

Box 16 (Nicole) - 50p

Box 12 (Katie) - £1

£3,000 / £20,000 finish.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Stats at 2 box

Average: £11,500.00
Fair deal: £9,622.98
Board total: £23,000.00

£10,000

£3,000
£20,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Noel talked up the red finish, but then...

HYPOTHETICAL £10,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Jean had £3,000 in her box 1, £20k in 5.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean
Global Moderator

Well, that's fair enough. The inflated offers weren't terribly inflated, as it would've been consistent with the generosity of the offer she dealt. And at least she found the £250,000 eventually, even if it was two rounds too late.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Noel jokingly blames the husband! Jean says she actually will rub it in and Noel pretty much believes her ;)

Weird finish to an interesting game.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

hogwild94 wrote:
Well, that's fair enough. The inflated offers weren't terribly inflated, as it would've been consistent with the generosity of the offer she dealt. And at least she found the £250,000 eventually, even if it was two rounds too late.

Ditto.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:37 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean
Global Moderator

Thank you KP for filling in today! :smt023

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:53 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

I never thought I would say this, but a SENSIBLE 3RD OFFER DEAL TODAY. :shock: :D Definitely worth dealing then as the offer was over half the average and the board was very unstable. I don't know what made the Banker offer so much today. :ponder: Maybe it was the fact that Amelia Lily was her granddaughter.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

I don't quite get why Jean got such generous offers today! :ponder: I wouldn't have said she had as aggressive a strategy as Tommy, and yet supposedly she would've got similar offers to him. It's just all a bit of a mystery why the banker went as high as £15k at the 3rd offer on a precarious board to a player, in my mind anyway, wasn't a 'significant threat'. We can't say that the decision to deal was a 'mistake' by any means, however the proveout transpired, think I'd have done the same!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean
Forum Games Moderator

Simon F wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:

Ditto.

Echo that.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Watching this with the benefit of reading the commentary first. Good work as always KP with your comments on the host.

Well it looks like I missed a corker of game with Danielle! Surprisingly very few comments on her thread considering the circumstances:?

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Just to add a little to the commentary Re: the inflated offers pre/post deal. The 17box discussion really sets a trend of her style. She seemed pretty easy going and whether that was acting or not, it didn't do her cause any harm. It does also give a thread of an excuse for the inflated proveout offers that are rightly disparaged on here later in the game.

The talk of "nibbling at the bankers vitals" (bankers power5) resulted in a guffaw from the audience. Is that leading on from discussion of his "piles" (which are never discussed these days - boo!).

A good bit of timewasting, talking about the microwave oven. Something we would have unlikely seen if the Grand National had been this week. Anyway, moving on to her reaction of the £12k offer. Very positive reactions from her, talking about her dreams of going to the USA. Really, this is some good material for Noel to get his teeth into. Hard to think at this stage that a deal is coming in 3 boxes time!.

Anyway swiftly moving on after the no deal. A resultant 10k doesn't dent her enthusiasm. Noel reacts (acts) with disdain at the £50k reveal. Noel is talking about the chances of the £250k being there two games in a row.
Actually Noel, as you often remind us, the boxes don't have memories and are picked at random, so it is very possible it is there again :laughing.

Noel talking about The Scream Finish. I haven't heard that in the DONDictionary before :blueponder... Anyway moving on after the Dot stuff, I've never seen Noel pull a seal on a box before. Perhaps that's one for the DOND trivial pursuit questions.

So now, we get the build up to the deal! Start the obligatory timewasting and discussions. Here we go! First we get a discussion about eyelashes on a car! Next, opinions from the wings. Roy: "Thats a very finely balanced game, is that Jean. You lose the big fella and it would drop a lot". (No kidding!).
"Jean, you gotta remember why you're here... are you here to chase that £250k...or did you come here with a plan in your mind of what you were happy to leave with..." Jean: "I wanted to come to the Dream Factory. To sit in the crazy chair. " If she wasn't acting, then that is the proof that she isn't a true OHO.

Even knowing the outcome, it was hard to see that deal coming. Yet the reaction from the studio seemed to be very little surprise. I guess there may have been a fair bit of discussion and procrastination that had been edited out. Did anyone here watch it live?

i didn't see too many regrets with the £26k offer. Still, Noel is talking up the possibility of further regrets.
Noel starting to urge desperation of revealing the £250k... Already he is talking about two mistakes. Silence at the offer of £31k! Applause at the reveal of the £250k. Thats a shot in the arm for team-player. Anyway, is that TBW?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/4 Jean

Like others i don't exactly understand why the Banker was so generous with Jean's offers or why he saw her as a threat, but £15k was a very good offer for the board she had. Just a shame the proveout didn't go more smoothly

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]