Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:05 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:05 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
I reckon today has to be the first weekday since 2005 (excluding summer breaks) where there hasn't been a game transmitted. And the first since November 2006 (excluding summer breaks again) when there hasn't been a "new" game transmitted - when Kirsty's game was repeated instead of Amanda's.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!! :)

This would have to be the first DoND free day since AT LEAST August 22, 2008 (They had DoND repeats going in the 2009, 2010 and 2011 summer breaks, and as of last year they seem to have scrapped the summer breaks). But you're right, if you take out summer break, we'd be going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back to October 28, 2005 - Before the show even started - to the last time there was no DoND on a week day!! :shock: :shock:

I am honestly annoyed by the fact that they made this last minute change and had to remove DoND from it's allocated timeslot, and now the games are gonna be all messed up for the rest of the week :( (If anything, i'd personally show 2 shows on Wednesday, the first one being the 'missing' Tuesday game and the later one being the regular Wednesday game and then take it from there so the games aren't all messed up!)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Gee, i hope they do air the missing game from 12/3/2013 at some point and don't scrap it completely

I remember back in 2001, we had about a week of Wheel Of Fortune episode that were binned due to the 9/11 coverage and when the schedules did go back to normal the following week, they didn't catch up on the episodes that were swallowed by the continuous news coverage during the week of 9/11, they just forgot about those episodes and moved on :(

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Lol I cant believe how many *beep* post on here!! Theories that they conspired to miss a show as it was bad?? haha. Quiet simply the weather buggered the racing up, which is a live event, and the easiest way out was to push the shows back one day each. Yes the official twitter feed buggered up in saying it would be shown Saturday instead, but really people, it wasn't too hard to work out that Tuesdays game would air Wed, and so on until Fridays was on Saturday? And why early Sat? to fit into a place it wasn't meant to be!! There was nothing hidden, in fact the episodes you are watching this week were not actually meant to be on this week anyway! When filmed they were for next week - as no deal was going to be on during the races, then they broke for Christmas. Then when we returned we were advised that there was going to be no break for the racing, so the shows recorded would be edited to be shorter shows, and no break would take place. That meant for instance we actually recorded two shows believing them to be Mar 20th shows, one before Christmas and one after!! Took some time to alter my records of shows seen to correct them!

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Gee, i hope they do air the missing game from 12/3/2013 at some point and don't scrap it completely

I remember back in 2001, we had about a week of Wheel Of Fortune episode that were binned due to the 9/11 coverage and when the schedules did go back to normal the following week, they didn't catch up on the episodes that were swallowed by the continuous news coverage during the week of 9/11, they just forgot about those episodes and moved on :(

By the time u posted that, you had watched the "missing" show already!!!

edit..ok perhaps I should have noted u posted in the early morning, not evening, so maybe not seen it yet!!

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]