Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:13 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:15 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Warnings: 0
I don't like horse racing much myself but any live sport will always take priority over a recorded show.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Mad Mark wrote:
and when that happened, the player proceeded to go on a rampage throughout the studio.

That would make for great TV! :D

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:02 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Forum Games Moderator

The horses should get all the money and buy horse villas! They do all the running and jumping! The jockeys just whip the poor big things! :evil: :evil:

Mean little sport, give me baseball anyday. ;)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Just had a thought. You know when Noel usually reminds everyone about yesterday's game at the start, won't they have to edit that out in tomorrow's show since today's show is moved to Saturday? :ponder:

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:47 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Just had a thought. You know when Noel usually reminds everyone about yesterday's game at the start, won't they have to edit that out in tomorrow's show since today's show is moved to Saturday? :ponder:

Well, they'll probably air today's show tomorrow, and all the shows through to Saturday will be a day late. That's what I guess'll happen anyway. We'll see.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

beaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm    Author: beaker    Post subject: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

hogwild94 wrote:
BankerSpanker wrote:

Well, they'll probably air today's show tomorrow, and all the shows through to Saturday will be a day late. That's what I guess'll happen anyway. We'll see.

Not according to the DOND Twitter feed, as outlined earlier in the thread!

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

I reckon today has to be the first weekday since 2005 (excluding summer breaks) where there hasn't been a game transmitted. And the first since November 2006 (excluding summer breaks again) when there hasn't been a "new" game transmitted - when Kirsty's game was repeated instead of Amanda's.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Global Moderator

Well, if their going to air today's show on Saturday instead, and air the rest of the show's as normal, that'd send out a huge continuity clanger, as there'd be two 'newbies' out tomorrow, one replacing Pete, the other replacing whoever was set to play today. :ponder:

This is confusing; we should just wait and see what happens tomorrow, and take it from that. If one of the wingers has been replaced, we'll know it's the correct show, and today's will be on Saturday.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:38 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

I feel bad for the player today. Informing everybody of the air date of the game and organising a viewing party... only to find that some beasts are running some races in place of it, shunting it to a dead slot on Saturday at lunchtime, when I can guarantee that interest levels will be diminished.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Global Moderator

psychokiller wrote:
I feel bad for the player today. Informing everybody of the air date of the game and organising a viewing party... only to find that some beasts are running some races in place of it, shunting it to a dead slot on Saturday at lunchtime, when I can guarantee that interest levels will be diminished.

Similar thing happened with University Challenge a few years back, after the Ryder Cup overran into a fourth day due to bad weather, and all the shows up to Christmas got pushed back a week. One contestant reported on LAM that all participants were sent a letter informing them of the new transmission dates.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:47 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

For anyone interested,
Kristian
was supposed to be playing today...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:51 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham
Global Moderator

JoelDavies wrote:
For anyone interested,
Kristian

Right, so if they play tomorrow, we'll know they've just shunted the shows back a day. If they've been replaced, we'll know they've just shunted today's show to Saturday.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

psychokiller wrote:
It's a smokescreen. The game must be one of such dire quality that even the evil forces at Endemol cannot stomach themselves to trasmit the tape. They've found a convincing way of scrapping the game and the 'late' running of the horse race is perfect.

Actually, it's rather good! you trust me, right?..

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:35 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

JoelDavies wrote:
For anyone interested,
Kristian

That is correct.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:37 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

JoelDavies wrote:
If it was a *big* win then they probably wouldn't have extended the Cheltenham coverage... So don't expect anything special is all I'm saying. ;)

Oooh! Just wait!

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:40 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Mad Mark wrote:
Folks, it's a game show. If it's not one for one day, the world will not end. I don't want this forum to stoop to the same level as Golden-Road.net (U.S. Price is Right fan forum notorious for its insanity; has a terrible reputation as a result).

And I guess psychokiller might have a point. Perhaps what would've been today's episode was so bad, the powers that be at Endemol and Channel 4 decided that it was simply not worth showing. I am certain that it involved a player winning a negative amount amount money for the first time in the show's history, and when that happened, the player proceeded to go on a rampage throughout the studio.

So wrong!! ;)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Archstered wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
It's a smokescreen. The game must be one of such dire quality that even the evil forces at Endemol cannot stomach themselves to trasmit the tape. They've found a convincing way of scrapping the game and the 'late' running of the horse race is perfect.

Well, I can only guess that it's something so unusual that it warrants having increased attention drawn to it by the fans. I reckon it's something truly mental, like nobody being thrown out or Noel keeping quiet.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Archstered wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:
If it was a *big* win then they probably wouldn't have extended the Cheltenham coverage... So don't expect anything special is all I'm saying. ;)

Oooh! Just wait!

...which means it will. Thanks for confirming.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

psychokiller wrote:
Archstered wrote:
psychokiller wrote:

Well, I can only guess that it's something so unusual that it warrants having increased attention drawn to it by the fans. I reckon it's something truly mental, like nobody being thrown out or Noel keeping quiet.

It's something unusual of late.

Archstered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Schedule changes due to Cheltenham

Mark wrote:
Archstered wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

Oooh! Just wait!

...which means it will. Thanks for confirming.

I don't see how from the words Oooh just wait you can guarantee it a good game, Could be a double bluff, maybe not, maybe a fun game. Maybe something SPECTACULAR. Maybe... FMQM...

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]