Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:50 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Warnings: 0
Oh, snap :shock:.
I'm going over to park the Loser Train now. Sometimes, the best rounds come from out of nowhere.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah
Global Moderator

Noel says Sarah has a rare decision. Sarah says she always thought she'd have £35,000 in her box! :shock:

Sarah says:

NO DEAL

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

psychokiller and I deserve to ride the Loser Train now as a result of our earlier comments.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah
Global Moderator

The Banker says Christmas is getting more expensive for him every year! He gives Sarah some huge compliments, saying he knew he couldn't stop her. The swap is offered, as Sarah thought she'd have £35,000 in her box. Sarah's boyfriend says £35,000,000 by mistake, causing the Banker to have a huge panic! :lol:

Sarah says:

NO SWAP

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah
Global Moderator

Noel reveals £35,000 in Sarah's Box 12.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah
Global Moderator

Box 4 with Kris contains the £50,000.

Sarah says the money will do so much for her! :D She can't believe this has happened!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah
International Forums Moderator

Brilliant result. I think that'll cancel out Tony's game influence-wise.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Great game but really confused she didn't swap if she thought she had the £35k. :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

She called it, and she got it. If this were the Aussie version - is that still on, BTW? - she'd likely get a cash bonus for correctly predicting what was inside her box. And then we'd move on to Double or Nothing.

Well done to Sarah for making a believer out of all of us :). First Power 5 win we've seen in what feels like ages.

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Wow, what a game! Probably one of the best episodes of Deal I've seen in years. :D
Just a shame she didn't go with her gut and swap for the £50,000, however you really can not moan about £35,000! :-D

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Well, that came out of nowhere didn't it !

Top climax there, well done on £35,000 Sarah and for proving me and Mad Mark wrong about our preminitions. I shall take my seat on the loser express, hopefully in between a sleeping hobo and a man who keeps muttering to himself. I deserve it.

:D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

psychokiller wrote:
Well, that came out of nowhere didn't it !

Top climax there, well done on £35,000 Sarah and for proving me and Mad Mark wrong about our preminitions. I shall take my seat on the loser express, hopefully in between a sleeping hobo and a man who keeps muttering to himself. I deserve it.

:D

The Loser Train has just pulled into the station with its roll sign set to "Told You So." May as well get on.
psychokiller, you can sit by me, as we're likely to be the only normal folks on board this train.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Wow! First power 5 win since August! :D

Sarah was a nice girl (even if her accent was mildly irritating but now is not the time to be petty) and played the stakes to her advantage. £8k was worth at least considering, what with the 1p still there and an offer for blue/£35k being difficult to forecast. First in-play power 5 finish we've seen for a long time too!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Contender for game of the month I think. She recovered well after that £350,050 round! :o

Fan of classic rock and metal

Joel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:02 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

^ Definitely.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Mad as a box of frogs but what a result as we head towards the last game before the themed week

Hopefully Sunday's player will build on today's result and give him in the study something to think about as we head towards the festive season and the themed week

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Had she dealt the £8,000 offer, no doubt would would have heard the Bankers laugh again.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

Mark wrote:
Had she dealt the £8,000 offer, no doubt would would have heard the Bankers laugh again.

No sh*t.

Then the hate filled British peasantry would have crept out of their hovels once more.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:24 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah

That was a quite unexpected sixth round! Granted it's a 10% chance, but every game lately seems to have missed that 10% chance after a no deal, so it was a relief to see it happen today.

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:45 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Sarah
Forum Games Moderator

Well...I don’t know of anyone who wouldn’t say “no deal” to the £42,000. Risk losing £7,000 to gain £8,000? That’s simple stuff but it’s more than enough for me to decline the offer.

Well-played....but there is that element of luck in the last round. It could so easily have gone horribly wrong.

BUT....it didn’t. I admit I’ve forgotten the player’s name already but well-played indeed. Courageous stuff today.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]