Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Warnings: 0
That is a generous offer given the MASSIVE GAP between the two Power 5s and the smile money, the £50k going AND the 1p is still INTACT! :o

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony
Global Moderator

We're back...

Round 4

Noel says the board is absolutely terrifying, and, after hearing Tony's stories about his charity work, and his children, his no deal to £10,000 was extraordinary. Noel says the game could now go 'bang, crash'.

Box 10 with Steve - £50

Noel says it is quite simply 'miss them'.

Box 21 with Mark - £750

Noel says at least one of them will remain at the next offer. He says the Banker always rewards courage.

Box 19 with Ria - £100,000 :shock:

Banker time...

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

At this point, it mght be wise to take the next offer. The game is on the razor's edge now, and is very close to going "bang, crash."

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Same offer again?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony
Global Moderator

That was such a massive box and relief for him, says Noel. He says the contrast in the one box game is so phenomenal. The Banker says that is the most precarious £250,000 board he can recall. Maybe, Tony's in a position where it's impossible to deal, as the £250,000 is still there, and he feels he ought to go for it. He needs a minute to think about the offer.

The Banker doesn't doubt Tony's determination, but he has a very precarious board. Noel doesn't think the offer will be forcing Tony on. The Banker says he'd offer £25,000 if he knew the £250,000 was in the box, but £1,000 if it wasn't. He's splitting the difference.

Banker's offer:

£12,500

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Only one higher than the offer... if he no deals this... an OHO he is.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

£12,500?!?! Surely at least 99% of people would say DEAL to that! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony
International Forums Moderator

Strictly speaking that should be £13k by that logic. ;)

This is a very interesting dynamic for this game.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Not enough time left for any "extra" offers to be made. If there was, 5 box would be with around 15 minutes of the show left.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony
Global Moderator

Tony's wife says Tony said he wants to go for the £250,000, but £12,500 is massive. Kristy says Tony is selfless, but he should think about what the money would do for him. Luca says he genuinely believes Tony could be a £250,000 winner, but it's up to him. Lisa says, if Tony was her husband, she'd want him to deal.

Tony's wife comes down from the audience. Noel says no-one wants Tony to crash.

Tony says:

NO DEAL

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

We finally have another OHO. Let's hope he doesn't discover the biggie in the next round.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

...and this is the part where the game goes off a cliff. I'm not liking this at all.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Arguably, he's painted himself into a corner.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Mark wrote:
We finally have another OHO. Let's hope he doesn't discover the biggie in the next round.

Does OHO mean 'idiot' or 'crazy, reckless gambler'? Because if it does, that's exactly what we have here.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Timing of how much of the show left can only tell one thing. He doesn't win it... and there it goes :(

Wonder if he would have actually gone for it if he had it in his box?

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Certain people on the Facebook page going to be using the G word about now :(

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

The clock was the spoiler there.

An astonishing reality check for everyone else on the wings who had a one-dimensional game plan.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony
Global Moderator

Round 5

Tony barely manages to say 'NO DEAL'. Noel cannot recall someone no dealing with a breaking voice and no confidence. Noel says he believes Tony is there for the £250,000; he says no man has had the bottle to do it so far, and the ones who've tried have failed. The others who tried had fallback.

Box 12 with Paulina - £250,000 :shock: :( :( :cry:

Silence. Tears. :cry:

Noel says Tony can still do what he wants with the oranges. Tony thought Billy had the £250,000, so he's keeping him.

Box 14 with Lisa - £3,000

Oh what, says Noel. How cruel is that.

Box 20 with Ryan - 1p :D

Banker time...

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

Well thankfully the 1p has gone.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 18/12 Tony

You see what happens when you gamble, Mark? You go up in flames.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]