Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:44 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 12/12/12 Lucia
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
richie4eva1 wrote:
Game so far as I am doing the Digital Spy commentary

Obviously LUCIA and BOX 5

ROUND 1

Stipulation - If Lucia finds any of the banker's power 5 then she can have a drum and base rave

Box 14 (Tony) - £5
Box 4 (Harrison) - £75,000
Box 13 (Russ)- £50
Box 17 (Lisa) - £500
Box 9 (Newbie Luca) - 1p

Banker's offer:

£11,000

NO DEAL

ROUND 2

Box 2 (Billy)- £3,000
Box 10 (Bert) - £15,000
Box 22 (Ryan) - 10p

Banker's offer:

£15,000

NO DEAL

I'm filling this in, joined in a bit late.

We join it at 14-box with this configuration:

50p
£1
£10
£100
£250
£750

£1,000
£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£100,000
£250,000

After a bit of a confusing response, we had a No Deal at £15,000.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

ROUND 3

At that second offer, Lucia pointed out her lack of responsibility to other people in her life.

We open Box 7 with the Lionel Richie look-a-like Lloyd (yes, we get a splitscreen). It has £10,000, and Noel is considering it neutral.

Great replay of a hug on the wings with the man who's opening this...

Box 12 (Kris) - 50p

Perfectamundo. Noel can see this becoming a £250k win. We call the 12-box break with thirty-seven minutes left. He might be right.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Game so far as I am doing the Digital Spy commentary

Obviously LUCIA and BOX 5

OPENING ROUND

Stipulation - If Lucia finds any of the banker's power 5 then she can have a drum and base rave

Box 14 (Tony) - £5
Box 4 (Harrison) - £75,000
Box 13 (Russ)- £50
Box 17 (Lisa) - £500
Box 9 (Newbie Luca) - 1p

Opening offer - £11,000

NO DEAL

ROUND 2

Box 2 (Billy)- £3,000
Box 10 (Bert) - £15,000
Box 22 (Ryan) - 10p

2nd offer - £15,000

NO DEAL

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Thanks for filling in the introductory stages. I feel like I'm joining a snooker match where the TV cameras were on the other table earlier on. "We join it at 14-box, £15,000 has just been declined, and your commentator on this game is KP."

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

£20,000 offer?

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

ROUND 3 CONTINUED

And that's the "rave" comment I was confused about the other side of this adbreak explained.

She wants to open a bistro in Bedford. Noel suggested £15k might not be enough to do this, then quickly apologised for interfering with the decision!

Box 11 (Mark) - £1,000

Noel's happy with that. A second straight orange/mid red/peanuts round...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

"Do you like spaghetti and meatballs?" Apparently his are the size of walnuts.

Lucia's cracking up. But the Banker thinks she's a Wakeyist. Which means more of this innuendo can be edited out.

Banker's offer:

£20,000

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Yep, thought it would be £20,000. It's been a while since we've had any third offers in the 20s.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:30 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia
Forum Games Moderator

KP wrote:
Thanks for filling in the introductory stages. I feel like I'm joining a snooker match where the TV cameras were on the other table earlier on. "We join it at 14-box, £15,000 has just been declined, and your commentator on this game is KP."

Hahaha, that is perfect :P

Looks good so far for Lucia. Nice opneng few rounds

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Her previous full-time job paid her under £11k a year, and she's only doing it part-time now.

"Big fans of this show will be thinking of a lady called Corinne." I was wondering about her actually. Noel points out how much she chased her dream, and thinks Lucia might be the same. The only difference is that Lucia is actually responding to these offers. Corinne didn't.

"Sorry Michael," Lucia says, as if suggesting he is not going to support her NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

ANOTHER BREAK! With Noel convinced this is a classic game because of a "determined" (read: Wakeyistic) player.

I believe the clock tends to be a spoiler, so even though I have no other inside information, I'm putting this in a spoiler tag...
We are less than two minutes behind Tegen's game on the clock. The commentary on that game gave the 11-box No Deal at 4:30. I posted about this 11-box No Deal at 4:31. (That game had an 8-box break rather than the 11-box one here, but that's still one break and three rounds to go so I'm calling it comparable.)

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:39 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Since today is 12 / 12 / 12, does the player have box 12 in front of her? That would make for an interesting coincidence.
EDIT: Nope, I guess not. She's already opened box 12.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

We're back.

Noel thinks there have been five other players in the history of the game who have had a singular big dream and is chasing it through this sort of play. "She's going for it, regardless!"

I would have turned over by now if there was another commentator.

ROUND 4
Box 15 (Hannah) - £750
That's one. Noel's hyperbole is not being dented one little bit by that one.

She wants to give the sign.
Box 3 (Jean) - £250,000
That's changed it. Noel is reduced to channeling Mally Logic.

I really think Noel is talking her into gambling here.
Box 18 (Rich) - £20,000
No reaction. "You're going to get a check in your journey."

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Mad Mark wrote:
Since today is 12 / 12 / 12, does the player have box 12 in front of her? That would make for an interesting coincidence.

Box 5, sadly.

"I'm not gonna give in," says Lucia. "Sometimes in Deal, giving in is the right thing to do," the Banker points out. I'm honestly Team Banker today.

Banker's offer:

£16,500

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

£16,500 having just taken out the £250k and £20k. That is GENEROUS! :shock:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Stats Break:

Almost everyone with that "go for it" kind of attitude often crashes in the end. Some have profited from it, but many more have seen their games go off a cliff with reds disappearing at an alarming rate, and a blue win at the end of it all.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Michael suggests it'll fund "a very small bistro", and "you can do something." Another family member also offers a reality check.

Wing advice: Rich suggests the offer shows a lot of respect, and it comes down to whether or not the dreams are worth risking. Mark suggests he'd play on. Kris says nobody else knows how useful £16,500 is to her, and his advice gains applause.

"I've taken on board everything everyone's said," says Lucia, who then apologises to Michael and suggests she possibly hasn't - NO DEAL.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

If this goes pear shaped in the final quarter, some of them on the official Facebook page are going to have a field day

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

Well, I'm off to the yard to start up the Loser Train. We've got a greedy one on our hands.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/12/12 Lucia

ROUND 5

Lucia says she can't give up her dream. "I don't think anyone with half a brain would ever call you a foolish old woman," says Noel. Probably wrongly. The Banker then phones up to say "foolish old woman", and thus proves Noel wrong, as - like him or not - the Banker has a lot more than half a brain.

Box 1 (Pat) - £100
That's the 1 in 56 chance removed. "One step closer to a truly formidable 5-box."

This reminds me of Donut Donna's board. Similarly generous offer declined. That went (narrowly) against her...
Box 6 (Sarah) - £35,000
Not against her quite yet. Noel says this would merely be a "reasonable" 5-box if this is blue...

Oh he's now saying a blue here would validate the decision.
Box 16 (Kristy) - £50,000
One-box game. If her dreams are going to be dashed, there'll probably be no consolation prize.

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]