Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:16 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 10:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

Warnings: 0
F*ck. That always seems to happen, doesn't it? It's happened about three times this week.

I say he was smart to stop where he did. Too big of a gamble to take, especially with the fallback amount being an honourary blue.

But now, Team Hindsight is going to have a field day over this. Boy, are they ever dim-witted individuals, or what?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

Well it sucks that he didn't hit the £1,000 as with £10,000 as a backup, he'd probably have gone for it.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

If anyone deserved £35,000 it was him. Ah well, at least he got £13,000.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

ISP are having problems that's why I'm late at replying... anyhow... should have had a little extra more courage and bravery... at least he win a decent amount...

Two box offer was crap also.

Good to see he continued in live play at five box with ONE blue there... was thinking one box at a time may have been offered.

Any of the other 21 would probably have won it.

Last edited by Mark on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu
Forum Games Moderator

Shame about the £35,000 there...I must say I was surprised Adamu managed to recover, in the end, to that 2-box, given his first few rounds I thought he might be in for a trainwreck.

Offers of 8.49%, 22.09% and 15.05% of the mean I thought were overly harsh, in late-2005, early-2006 style, but after that the Banker did alright for me. £13,000 was certainly a decent offer...and I can't really blame him for taking it. I mean, after that start, and continuation, and then to recover with the all-blue round...with a highest offer that was previously half that, even I would have considered £13,000.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

Well that's still a damned good result considering the offers were down in the hundreds earlier. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:39 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

Sigh, another victory for the hindsight crew after a perfectly sensible deal.

Dond-knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm    Author: Dond-knight    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

Mark wrote:
ISP are having problems that's why I'm late at replying... anyhow... should have had a little extra more courage and bravery... at least he win a decent amount...

Good to see he continued in live play at five box with ONE blue there... was thinking one box at a time may have been offered.

Won
I don't think it was
What makes you so sure?

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu
Forum Games Moderator

Dond-knight wrote:
Mark wrote:

Won
I don't think it was
What makes you so sure?

Correct
72% of mean - sounds like absolute tosh to me ;)
Good question. Markus, explain thyself :ponder:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu
Forum Games Moderator

That said, I would only consider £13,000 myself. It's progress from my days under the influence of Wakey, but there's no way I would go straight in and say "Deal".

Far from it...for me, considering I'd had offers under £1,000 anyway, £1,000 being the least I could win may make my mind up, and I'd probably go for it.

But this is what I've been saying lately...if it works out, you're a hero. If it doesn't, you're an idiot. That part of the game I believe is in luck, but players are often berated for their sheer luck - or lack of. You're not at fault for events out of your control.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

When I was working out the expected offers at 5-box, I had the £35k/£1k finish at less than £13k to be honest.

Probably made the same decisions I would have made. 2-box decision was one that I wouldn't criticise the player either way to be honest.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/12 Adamu

Adamu did well to get £13000 out of that game, given that the board was stacked against him for most of the game, Shame he went left instead of right for that final box because a £10,000/ £35,000 2 box would have made a 6th no deal well worth considering, especially with the minimum he could win being higher than all his previous offers.

But he didn't and under the circumstances dealing was the right decision, so lets celebrate that and not get bogged down in hindsight

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]