Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:07 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 4:07 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Advert 0 - is that Abbey Road? Yup. Product placement show. Crikey. 2/5

Advert 1 - Boring. 2/5.

Advert 2 - When I watched this for the first time in full on YouTube I actually cried buckets. Yet another brilliant John Lewis Christmas advert. 5/5

Advert 3 - That's a ludicrously thin bezel on that TV. And what the hell is up with everything else in that ad? 1/5

Advert 4 - More pseudo-science nonsense preying on image insecurity. -1/5

Advert 5 - Crikey, the ambulance chasers still advertise on national broadcast TV? 0/5

Advert 6 - I like this shampoo advert more than cfd does. It's quite eye-catching. 3/5

Advert 7 - Bonus points for McFly, massively underrated band. 3/5

And a trailer for a show that was on under an hour ago.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

I see Noel is talking down the game. Lots of negativity around. The punter doesn't look very happy and the vibe seems very subdued... Been a while since I've watched live. Still, the big one is still in play which seems to be ignored.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

And we're back.

Noel now wants a low blue. Not so focused on the jackpot now.

Box 4 (Deepa) - £50

Mid blue. Will do.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

Four assorted blues, £3k, £5k, £50k, and £250k at eight-box. A very similar board to Kitty Whately, who got £14k with the £1k and different blues at this stage. Stick, then?

Yup.

Banker's offer:

£13,500

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

At this point, people just want the contestants to win something siginficant that can help them in life, etc. But if another blue win occurs, the Dream Factory will soon become the Death Factory.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:45 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie
Global Moderator

Nothing wrong with dealing that.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

He'll probably deal here but with the £250,000 still in play...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

This will be £15,000 and job well done...

...or not. A stick. Worth playing on, but of course, he's not going to.

With him pre-occupied with Tommy's game, he's not going anywhere without £13,500.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:47 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

So its pretty much a two box game with £250k and £50k. Got to be worth another round.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

If he no deals then he's not going to win the £250,000 as not enough time left for extra offers to happen... if he continues in live play after five box.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

It's all about avoiding the jackpot now. Noel points out how many people have sold it lately.

Jake mentions the safety net or lack thereof. He thinks even the £5,000 matters here. I disagree. Charlie agrees.

Bit of crosstalk when he asks for advice. Oh there's a pilgrim, who says Deal and thinks Charlie is locked on the £250k. He was clearly here for Tommy's game. Teresa also says Deal, and talks down the oranges.

Charlie admits it's easy to focus on the jackpot.

Hardik says he's lucky to get the same offer he considered taking earlier. Marc points out you don't earn £13,500 in an hour anywhere else. The advice is definitely conservative. Hazel goes against that completely by suggesting he looked like someone who could win the jackpot. Certain people will want to watch for her game.

As for Charlie, well the clock is the inadvertent spoiler. DEAL.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie
Global Moderator

Really hope this deal works out now.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

I don't care if he accepts the offer, and it turns out to be a bad decision. I just want someone to win some decent money for a change. For once, who cares what's in the contestant's box? Take home some good money and be happy. No more blues, please, for the love of God.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

As the £50,000 went... same offer again?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

I typed Deal before he said it.

Noel points out the spanking is on, and talks about the legacy for tomorrow's player if that happens.

ROUND FIVE - proveout round one

18's staying to the end. Playing with honesty.

Box 19 (Hazel) - 10p

Anguish out of the Paul Hardcastle box. Two more...

Box 22 (Kirsti) - £50,000

It really is all on this one now.

Box 6 (Marc) - £5,000

Crumbs...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

Noel mentions the regularity of the jackpot being on the table again.

Banker's offer would've been:

£20,000

A modest increase for the utterly exposed jackpot.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

YES! Just one round too soon.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie
Global Moderator

YES! :D :-D

Not quite a Spanking, but still a decent enough result.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

"One mistake is fine. We're going to find it."

ROUND SIX - proveout round two

Box 21 (Teresa) - £250,000

And that's game over.

Box 5 (Ben) - £3,000

And now we know he's sold a blue.

Box 8 (Jake) £1

So a £10 v £100 finish.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 14/11 Charlie

Again, all of this proveout stuff is trivial. £13,500 is secured. That's all that matters. Like I said, who cares if it wasn't the best decision in the world or not? We just need to stop the bleeding.

EDIT: The bleeding has now stopped. All hail Charlie. He only missed out on another £6,500, but it was worth it.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]