Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Warnings: 0
An absolute joy of a player to watch. Those hotel photos just sum up why our show is so great and people want to come on the show. Yes, the decision was a poor one (although the average round would have been 1 blue and 2 reds - assume those reds would be the 2nd and 4th highest and that board might not have been much more than the £30k she got).

She was happy with the money though and at least it was a win that was nearly 6,000 times more than the other 2 shows filmed that day. I think she'd have gone at £90k anyway (and probably £50k) so she was never going to be number 6.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

It must've been one hell of a laugh to see this filmed.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

See? I knew what you said in this post was going to happen as the way you said it gave it away.. (all them dots)

viewtopic.php?p=773311#p773311

I'm sure you were gutted about what wasn't won.

How long did the show took to film?

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Mark wrote:
See? I knew what you said in this post was going to happen as the way you said it gave it away.. (all them dots)

viewtopic.php?p=773311#p773311

I'm sure you were gutted about what wasn't won.

How long did the show took to film?

I don't think it was that long a show to film as Win knew her mind pretty well. Of course, I was gutted that she had the £250k but she was happy with what she won and I think she'd have gone at 5-box today.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Oh *GOD*.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:21 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Haven't watched the game yet, but Win sounds like a laugh and she proved me wrong with my 'inevitable calamity episode' by achieving a very tasty £30,000 ! Good win 'Win' :D ;)

Hardly matters that the £250,000 was there again, most she could have possibly got by declining the £30k was an extra £20,000, which is where I would have bailed out.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Simon F wrote:
I don't think it was that long a show to film as Win knew her mind pretty well. Of course, I was gutted that she had the £250k but she was happy with what she won and I think she'd have gone at 5-box today.

...And am I right in thinking that's the first time you've seen the £250k on the table in your pilgrim games up to that point? Slightly 'overdue' at 30-odd shows, although looking at my records, it wasn't until my 25th game that I saw it (Fran, most certainly a deal to forget... :roll: )

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:53 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

StatsMan wrote:
Simon F wrote:

...And am I right in thinking that's the first time you've seen the £250k on the table in your pilgrim games up to that point? Slightly 'overdue' at 30-odd shows, although looking at my records, it wasn't until my 25th game that I saw it (Fran, most certainly a deal to forget... :roll: )

This was my 32nd show and only the 2nd time the QM was still in play at 2-box. Strangely, I'd seen neither the 1p or the QM be on the table at the end of a game until that filming day (narrowly missed it when Angelique swapped it away at the end back in May this year).

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Right, just got round to watching the show and I have to say that Win certainly was a good sport ! Very enjoyable game and a great result of course (''Would have been great had she said NO DEAL 6 times...'' - The MarkBot).

Speaking of the defective MarkBot, I have to say that its comments about Win being a potential bore were horrendous considering the game hadn't even started. I should imagine that holding a conversation with the MarkBot itself would be a certain pain (''Hopefully she will she a good chance of a red being on the table'' - ''But MarkBot, three of them are lower than the offer... it would be bad to drop down to those sums'' - ''ummm... eccchhhh, not computing, can only see ONE blue, your argument is void, VOID...'').

Some day, one of our admins will finally own up and admit that the MarkBot was actually a invention designed to perplex hundreds of passing folks on here. Someone of devious intentions and alarming wit in order to create something that could get under our skin as much as this has done. Well done chaps !!

:D

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

psychokiller wrote:
But MarkBot, three of them are lower than the offer... it would be bad to drop down to those sums'' - ''ummm... eccchhhh, not computing, can only see ONE blue, your argument is void, VOID...'').

Indeed there were three lower than the offer, but there was two good amounts below that, including the low £3,000... and you know your going to be guaranteed to leave one of the bigger ones at the end anyhow... with the offer being on the board itself... even with one higher... we all know that the Banker always makes extra offers after no dealing the five box with the £250,000 remaining... which may have worked out for her if she had continued.

I don't blame her for dealing... though she could have easily gone on for one more round... (didn't seem she was a good board reader)...

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Mark wrote:
We all know that the Banker always makes extra offers after no dealing the five box with the £250,000 remaining... which may have worked out for her if she had continued.

That's assuming that the £250k stays until at least 3-box (which you can't guarantee for certain at 8-box - in fact it's only a 37.5% chance ). It wasn't a good deal and she wasn't a good board reader but she was happy with the £30k.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:57 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Simon F wrote:
StatsMan wrote:
Simon F wrote:
This was my 32nd show and only the 2nd time the QM was still in play at 2-box. Strangely, I'd seen neither the 1p or the QM be on the table at the end of a game until that filming day (narrowly missed it when Angelique swapped it away at the end back in May this year).

Well... it took 41 games before I saw a power 5 win! :shock: (although I'd seen a fair few in the £25k-£35k range). Not that I'm as bothered about the size of wins as some people anyway...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Win was such a great charecter the game was almost immaterial.

Yes the deal erred on the side of caution but she still got £30k out of the game and that is a good result in itself.

Personally I'd rather see an entertaining and funny player undersell their box than an agressive player chase the big money beyond sensible limits

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:48 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

StatsMan wrote:
Simon F wrote:
StatsMan wrote:
Simon F wrote:

Well... it took 41 games before I saw a power 5 win! :shock: (although I'd seen a fair few in the £25k-£35k range). Not that I'm as bothered about the size of wins as some people anyway...

I can beat that by 39 games (but you know that already :D )

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Contestant's name: Win.
What she did: Win (£30,000).
Final result: Banker Win.
Mad Mark's Take: Loss

Monumental week for the Banker, it seems. Everyone either undersold their box by a huge margin, or saw their game go up in flames. This reeks of the producers trying to save money because they've exceeded their budget again.

Also, would someone mind taking a look at the MarkBot 6000, please? It's gone a bit wrong again, and I think it might need some replacement parts (i.e., brain, CPU, etc.). Jesus Murphy, the upkeep on this confounded thing is getting to be quite expensive. Does anyone know why we bought or got stuck with this white elephant?

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:04 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Mad Mark wrote:
Also, would someone mind taking a look at the MarkBot 6000, please? It's gone a bit wrong again, and I think it might need some replacement parts (i.e., brain, CPU, etc.). Jesus Murphy, this upkeep on this confounded thing is getting to be quite expensive. Does anyone know why we bought or got stuck with this white elephant?

The MarkBot 6000 never worked right !

My theory is that one of the admins created it as either

a) a joke/punishment/twisted and elaborate scheme

OR

b) a reasonable provider of useful analogies and discussion. But it got defective. Badly defective. And they've never bothered to correct it.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

Mad Mark wrote:

Monumental week for the Banker, it seems. Everyone either undersold their box by a huge margin, or saw their game go up in flames. This reeks of the producers trying to save money because they've exceeded their budget again.

Also, would someone mind taking a look at the MarkBot 6000, please? It's gone a bit wrong again, and I think it might need some replacement parts (i.e., brain, CPU, etc.). Jesus Murphy, this upkeep on this confounded thing is getting to be quite expensive. Does anyone know why we bought or got stuck with this white elephant?

:laughing

That is SO much funnier than what you posted on Friday. Either that or I'm in a better mood. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 10/11 Win

James1978 wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

:laughing

That is SO much funnier than what you posted on Friday. Either that or I'm in a better mood. :)

There are two things that affect your mood, James, and I know exactly what they are. One is Mad; the other is Mark ;).

I'll be here all week :D.

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]