Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:56 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 8:56 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

taff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Warnings: 0
I saw that game live and the indecision at 8 box lasted a full 30 minutes (honestly!) Overheard Rob say after the game "We really got away with that." Was actually quite a hard game to watch live.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Most players wouldn't need that long to think about that 8 box as it was very much worth another round, which it was. I'm sure most people who were there wished she didn't take so long to ask for the question.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:44 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Mark wrote:
Most players wouldn't need that long to think about that 8 box as it was very much worth another round, which it was. I'm sure most people who were there wished she didn't take so long to ask for the question.

She could have taken 3 hours for all I care, it's her money and her game, no-one else would have wanted her to hurry up on what was obviously such a hard decision for the lady. Jesus...

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Yes...fair point...some offers should take a little bit of time to think about, but 30 minutes..... her partner who most likely have taken around 5 minutes or so.

When the banker made them extra offers, I had a feeling it was another "getting to the player" game.

Probably took much less time at the five box offer.

maggieq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:28 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

:blueponder l found this game very tedious and hard to stay with.I wonder how many games took that long to film.
I really stand by the claim from way back.Dont involve the partner of the person playing the game.Most are happy to take advise from fellow donders on the wings.Rant over!

Hope Stine enjoys the dosh.She was a beautiful looking lady.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:41 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

The unnecessary ring backs when Stine asked for the question were really doing my head in! Why does a measly £500 increase make her think even more?
Rob was right, the offer should've been £12-£13k.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:38 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

I did think Stine's partner came across as a little cocky - especially as it wasn't his game - and part of me was hoping that if he pressured her into a no deal it would backfire on him.

On the other hand that was a modest but tasty little spanking, can't begrudge Stine that

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:10 am    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

James1978 wrote:

Got a better one :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5fX4quv7fw

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

taff wrote:
I saw that game live and the indecision at 8 box lasted a full 30 minutes (honestly!) Overheard Rob say after the game "We really got away with that." Was actually quite a hard game to watch live.

That board probably warranted another £3k statistically but another excellent read of the player by the banker (especially if it took that long for her to decide). I can imagine the amount of useless advice from the wings she got during that time too :laughing

I think that the offer patterns today suggested that she would have needed a £100k/red or £50k/red finish to get a lot more out the game (even the £100k blue finish could have been below £25k today) so the deal was justifiable for Stine and the proveout went her way.

holly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 am    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Good game, although I think it was the biggest family influence in a long time!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

holly wrote:
Good game, although I think it was the biggest family influence in a long time!

I don't have a problem with families influencing games - makes far more sense than asking advice from 21 strangers you've only met a week ago. ;)

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:37 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

hogwild94 wrote:
The Banker calls just as Noel asks the question again, and ups the offer again.

Banker's offer:

£11,000

hogwild94 wrote:
Stine says:

NO DEAL

Winner wrote:
Excellent no deal! :) guts!

*rolls eyes at winner*

there have been far braver no deals that have paid off. remember graeme?

as far as i'm concerned, that's yet another comment of yours where you weren't really thinking as you were typing...

*rolls eyes again*

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Winner wrote:
next offer £18k

way out.

*rolls eyes once more*

you didn't think that the loss of the £35,000 would have an effect on how much the banker would go up by, did you?

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Winner wrote:
no deal! go all the way! :smt023

do you not think that that £15,000 was a good offer, considering that she had just lost the £35,000 - and that quite a few people would have done what she did and taken it?

also, i seriously do not see the point of using that particular smiley for such a remark...

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Winner wrote:
Winner wrote:
next offer £18k

15k not enough!

posted one minute after your "no deal! go all the way! :smt023 " remark...

*rolls eyes for the umpteenth time*

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Winner wrote:
come on it is 80% in your fav!

i don't know where you got that percentage from... but i know how you got it.

by not really thinking.

i'll use this smiley to illustrate what i'm doing with my eyes... :roll:

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine
Forum Games Moderator

Quintuple post... you do realise that this game aired two months ago? :suspect:

*rolls eyes* ;)

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:13 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Winner wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! bad deal :roll:

i think you'll find that the number of people agreeing with you at the moment you posted that comment was closer to zero than it was to many.

and in any case, you were wrong.

as, it seems, you always are, but you don't care... :roll:

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:17 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Skyline wrote:
Quintuple post... you do realise that this game aired two months ago? :suspect:

*rolls eyes* ;)

yes, i do realise that this game aired two months ago - and a week before the olympics started, as well.

i just think winner needs to be taught some etiquette here, that's all.

milos97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 pm    Author: milos97    Post subject: Re: 20/07 Stine

Charles wrote:
Winner wrote:
Winner wrote:
next offer £18k

15k not enough!

It clearly was enough because she just dealt the offer.

that's telling him, charles! :smt023

although, knowing him, he probably didn't care... :roll:

(i'm assuming winner is male, by the way.)

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]