Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:56 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 11:56 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:51 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Warnings: 0
Well once again Noel has forgotten how his show works.....

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

I knew about the outcome of this game which I kept to myself !

ANYHOW...

Another game where the final outcome (of what the player dealt at and had in the box) is EXACTLY like Rob from last year.
OFFICIALLY joins Rob with the Biggest Banker Victort of all time. I know Rob swapped his box for the £250,000 and some say it doesn't count, but I think it does.

A Massive MASSIVE shame she didn't have a Mariyam "feeling"...

Shame Noel didn't mention about the Biggest Banker Victory BEFORE the question was asked... then she MAY have no dealt the offer.

She probably would have dealt the two box offer anyhow if she was still in live play.

I can see why she dealt at the £8,000 as there was no fallback... but with the £250,000 still in play and two of the power five, that was a RUBBISH offer! I'd offer £13,000 (or there abouts).

It was very clear that she was a very cautious player. She only has herself to blame for not winning it.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Argh! Travesty of a game today. :(

I really thought we were onto a jackpot winner.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie
Global Moderator

You're in the Hall of Fame for the lowest selling of the £250,000, says Noel. :(

Box 5 with Liz contains the 1p.

Katie says she's gutted, but she still has £8,000. :D The Banker calls and laughs loudly down the phone!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Charles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:57 pm    Author: Charles    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Mark wrote:
I knew about the outcome of this game which I kept to myself !

ANYHOW...

Another game where the final outcome (of what the player dealt at and had in the box) is EXACTLY like Rob from last year.
OFFICIALLY joins Rob with the Biggest Banker Victort of all time. I know Rob swapped his box for the £250,000 and some say it doesn't count, but I think it does.

A Massive MASSIVE shame she didn't have a Mariyam "feeling"...

Shame Noel didn't mention about the Biggest Banker Victory BEFORE the question was asked... then she MAY have no dealt the offer.

She probably would have dealt the two box offer anyhow if she was still in live play.

I can see why she dealt at the £8,000 as there was no fallback... but with the £250,000 still in play and two of the power five, that was a RUBBISH offer! I'd offer £13,000 (or there abouts).

It was very clear that she was a very cautious player. She only has herself to blame for not winning it.

The Mariyam feeling is not a good thing to have as it made her go away with 1p and the same thing could easily have happened in this game.

You cannot really call the offer rubbish because the banker read the player well and got her at 8k. The banker wants to get the box for the least amount of money. Offering 13k when she would have dealt at 8k would mean that the banker has to give another 5k of his money which is not what he wants.

She was not that cautious because the eight-box was not in her favour, it was a risky board. Winning the 250k would have taken at least two reckless gambles, but she made a sensible decision.

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Would be interesting to know If Rob was watching today's game....

Noel forgot to mention if she would have swapped or not... as she did believe it was in box 5.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

It was hinted in the spoiler section that we'd be talking about Katie's game for a long time, and that it was a 'first' of some sort.

I was thinking at the beginning that the intro was rather long and the game seemed to be going quite slowly, which isn't usually the case for a game with a 'dramatic' ending and/or big win. In fact, it almost looked like she was going to deal the second offer! £8k at 8-box did feel like a poor offer, even with no back-up I'd have hoped for 5 figures with 3 of the power 5 there. (Edit: But then I suppose we all have different tipping points.)

Towards the end I began to suspect the £250k was in her box and she was going to break/equal (depending on your viewpoint) the record for the lowest selling of the jackpot. To have offered the BG would have been stupidly generous and I'm glad we didn't get that. Katie was a sweet young lady but it does feel like the banker got her cheaply and for once I don't begrudge him laughing down the phone.

At least now we have someone who has definitively sold the £250k for £8k, rather than having the record hanging in the balance over a hypo-swap.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

"He thinks this offer is dealable."
"£5,000"

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Anyone with even the mildest sense of sensitivity must avoid the Facebook page at all costs. It says a lot that Idiot Boy Wilson isn't even the worst one of the lot today...

Enjoy your £8,000 Katie, a shame it wasn't more.

Again, she was more unlucky to remove all of the backups which would have crashed the game if the power numbers went in the next round than just having the jackpot there in the first place...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Brick wrote:
At least now we have someone who has definitively sold the £250k for £8k, rather than having the record hanging in the balance over a hypo-swap.

Yeah, this was the main gameplay first, as Rob sold a £3,000 box for £8,000 (I don't count hypo-swaps, the offer is to buy your box on the table), so Katie has a definitive place in the 'Bad Luck' wing of the Hall of Fame.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Ouch. I might watch this later as a masterclass in player reading by the Banker.

matt26

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:35 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Hmm, a very cautious deal there. I think I'd be looking for double the 8k she took...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie
International Forums Moderator

This is the sort of game where Mark has a point.

Very glad indeed that a Deal as statistically bad as this has usurped Rob's place in infamy. Thoroughly deserved by the Banker, he treated Katie with contempt throughout and was proven right to do so.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Rob should never have had his place in infamy, he had a £3,000 box bought for £8,000, regardless of any hypo-swap nonsense.

Katie has her place firmly and fairly grounded, what a shame too... I'm just relieved this sort of game came after Mark's ban... I shudder to think of the reaction if it had been beforehand...

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:06 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Rob's board was WAY weaker than Katie's too.

Wayne was offered £28,250 with only an extra orange in play but the same board - so yes, KP does make a good point.

And I'm still avoiding Facebook. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:14 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

So there you have it, today was the day my "scream ending" got used! I have the tweet to the banker, and the acknowledgment from him after, thanking me for me loyalty, saved as favourrites on my twitter if anyone is sad enough that they want to see!!

@johnbristol1966

As for katie, I felt sorry for her, she bottled it, and lost a lot. Often you can tell in the studio that the move is just because they want to secure some money, but with Katie I think it was fear of a crash that overrode all other emotions and thinking.

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

holly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:24 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

Aww, Katie seemed a lovely person, such a shame she becam joint biggest loser with Rob :( at least she got some decent money and £8,000 would SERIOUSLY make a HUGE difference to a lukemia charity.

Quite suprised the forum hasn't gone bananas to be quite honest lol.

David22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:37 pm    Author: David22    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

That was a real shame. Someone who has come through a lot of adversity, and she seemed really sweet. Unfortunately, the fact that she dealt when she did shows that the banker read her well, which, from his point of view, justifies his shocking offers.

It was good that Katie took it so well; compare her dignified reaction with that of a certain other contestant whose name began with D and who won nearly three times as much...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

holly wrote:
Aww, Katie seemed a lovely person, such a shame she becam joint biggest loser with Rob :( at least she got some decent money and £8,000 would SERIOUSLY make a HUGE difference to a lukemia charity.

Pre-apology days, it would have done. To Mark's credit, he didn't rant on about this game and Dave's, both stastically poor deals (and would have been even if the games crashed) which we would not have heard the end of previously, so he's keeping his word.

About Katie, I found her to be really sweet and a genuine girl, someone I'd love to know in real life. I hope she has fun with her £8,000, we know how much it means to her. :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 04/07 Katie

holly wrote:

If it was 2008, the forum would have. ;)

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]