Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Warnings: 0
In future I will let all of my anger out in the OH DEAR post... and say nothing else... even if someone says it was a great game after....

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

In response to John...

Fortune or Fall ?

Rubbish I know, but I can't really think what the name could be, asides from calling it the 'Alice' or 'Corinne' finish...

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Interesting guesses so far, but it just seemed so obvious to me!!!

I'll let you know on the day of the relevant show what I tweeted. Oh and can someone smash Marks keyboard beforehand please??

Backstage tour No2 27 May 2013 - Quiz Prize
Creator of the "Scream Ending" (1p/£250k finish)

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:48 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

JohnBristol1966 wrote:
Interesting guesses so far, but it just seemed so obvious to me!!!

I'll let you know on the day of the relevant show what I tweeted. Oh and can someone smash Marks keyboard beforehand please??

I'll do the honours !

Two more guesses for the finish... 'Dream or Despair'... and 'The Ace of Clubs' (referencing that the 1p and 250k are the most prestigious clubs to join on the show !)

Last edited by psychokiller on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:48 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Looks like another game where it's either 1p / £250,000 finish... or if it is the £100,000 / £250,000... and a deal before hand....

I'll be ready and waiting.......and hopefully not another "OH DEAR..."

How long do we have to wait?

What month is this show on?

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:52 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Mark wrote:
Looks like another game where it's either 1p / £250,000 finish... or if it is the £100,000 / £250,000... and a deal before hand....

I'll be ready and waiting.......and hopefully not another "OH DEAR..."

How long do we have to wait?

What month is this show on?

Smashey smashey keyboard time...

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:03 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Easy to spot most blokes keyboards as the r,o,p,n keys are worn, on Marks it the "e,r,o,a,d,h" keys!

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Certainly not the worst deal we've seen. Only 17.8% chance at 8 box of keeping all 3 in play and taking any one of the top 3 isn't going to increase the offer greatly. So then you are looking at either keeping the £250k in play to 2-box or 2 of the top 3.

Yes, she had the QM but it would have taken a big gamble to win it(remember we've seen £50k dealt on a QM/blue finish before). Us Yorkshire folk are canny with our money.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:10 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Hey, Mark, when are you getting banned already? I often wonder why management has let you - and I - exist for this long.

I thought I was the scourge of this forum - I've been here since 2006 - but it seems that even you have surpassed me in irrelevancy, extreme hindsight, and useless comments. Congratulations?

Yadda, yadda, yadda, player was too cautious, made a terrible deal, was faced with worst possible finish with the £250,000 in play, no one's going to win it again this season. You know the rest.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Mad Mark wrote:
I've been here since 2006

So have I.

Mad Mark wrote:
no one's going to win it again this season. You know the rest.

Because these days some players are not brave enough to go for it... (e.g. Oli last week)...

Yes it's big gambles... but whenever are you going to get the chance to win £250,000 ever again? Probably never.

There was a week where the £250,000 came to the table four times (I think) and none of them won it... didn't do my "OH DEAR..." at that time.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Mark wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:
I've been here since 2006

So have I.

Mad Mark wrote:
no one's going to win it again this season. You know the rest.

Because these days some players are not brave enough to go for it... (e.g. Oli last week)...

Yes it's big gambles... but whenever are you going to get the chance to win £250,000 ever again? Probably never.

There was a week where the £250,000 came to the table four times (I think) and none of them won it... didn't do my "OH DEAR..." at that time.

Why did you start them... ? You were fairly, and beautifully, quiet for 2006 -2011, then suddenly you start ranting and raving like a weight watcher who's been told that they can't have any more cake...

And you wouldn't be going mad if Elaine had 1p on the table you fuucckkiin...

JohnBristol1966

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm    Author: JohnBristol1966    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

U are right in they never have a chance to win £250k again, but then Elaine will probably never get to a point where she only has to say one word to be given £20k again! And that, for some, is too much to gamble, no matter what the possible outcome.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine
Global Moderator

Can we stop this silly arguing please? Can we get back to sensible behaviour please?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Yes. Roll on tomorrows's game. Hopefully it's a better game.....

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

hogwild94 wrote:
Can we stop this silly arguing please? Can we get back to sensible behaviour please?

I think there's only one way that's going to happen sadly (well either that or give people the ability to see in the boxes so they can deal if they have a small amount and no-deal if they have a large amount). :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

sonicrules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:24 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Great game, proper Yorkshire person, I'm from Wakefield and could say many older people I've met in the way she spoke and things she said especially when she said about having given everyone else advice and no one was giving her any! Good win, I'd like to think I'd carry on for one more round though than she did, still at her age she may not want that much money, she struck me as not a greedy person, who was quite content in her life and everything was a bonus, she didnt NEED the money, she was just grateful to get 5 figures!

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:49 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

sonicrules wrote:
Great game, proper Yorkshire person, I'm from Wakefield and could say many older people I've met in the way she spoke and things she said especially when she said about having given everyone else advice and no one was giving her any! Good win, I'd like to think I'd carry on for one more round though than she did, still at her age she may not want that much money, she struck me as not a greedy person, who was quite content in her life and everything was a bonus, she didnt NEED the money, she was just grateful to get 5 figures!

I strongly disagree with some of what you said...

Last edited by Mark on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:58 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

Mark wrote:
I strongly disagree with some of what you said...

I think the same applies to most people on here regarding most of what you've said on this thread.

I'm bored of these endless posts on here every time a player undersells their box - perhaps we need a separate thread where posts like this can be put and then the rest of us don't have to wade through them.

matt26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 am    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

At the end of the day, it was a cautious deal, but for many people 20k is simply too much to risk, so I don't begrudge her for dealing it. And if she'd taken out 250k (which is a 3/8 chance), the banker might have made a derisory offer to force her to 2-box (we've seen offers of 12k or less on boards like that).

Realistically, few people would have won more than 50k today.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Elaine

I've never actually looked but I'm guessing this forum doesn'y have a block feature, otherwise Mark would be posting for his own amusement only.

And this was exactly the sort of game Mark loves wasn't it? Because it gives him the chance to pour scorn on the player regardless of the merits or otherwise of the deal.
Fact is there was no way Elaine would have won the £250k, not on that finish so the most she missed out on was another £30k, a considerable sum yes, but without the benefit of hindsight that was still a good deal

[ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]