Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
That's very generous.

I also think that's the first time the BG has been offered after a third offer deal!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel explains the BANKER's GAMBLE to Rich, and he has the chance to give back the £16,000 and open the box in front of him.

Rich says

NO DEAL

Rich keeps his £16,000

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT LOT LOT MORE BRAVE.

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

Another player who didn't have the guts to go all the way... and who dealt at the THIRD offer...

Shame his wife wasn't there, as he probably would have urged him to continue in live play at the third offer and tell him to go all the way...

SHOULD HAVE ACCEPTED THE BANKERS GAMBLE...

I'm sure his wife would have wanted him to do so.

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Noel opens Rich's box 13 and reveals £75,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Neil with box 14 contains the 1p

Rich says the £16,000 is a lot of money to him, and he can do so much with it.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Well what can I say about this game? Third offer deal, MIND GAMES, CONSTANT phone ringing and one of the worst 11-box deals ever! :smt019

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich
Global Moderator

Even with hindight, that gamble was too big a risk.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

paulyc

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Well it could have just as easily have been a penny. For me he went one round too soon, but then I think on that board after that all blue round I'd have been tempted to the next round, so he got 3 grand more than I would have got.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:56 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Not surprised the Banker's Gamble was refused - if he dealt at £16k with four of the power 5 and £20k still in play then taking the 50/50 was not in him. :roll:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

This surely has to be a worse deal than £22,500 Richard. Oh look, they both almost have the same name.

paulyc

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Mark wrote:
Hopefully he has the guts to go for it...and hopefully someone will remind him what he had yesterday, the 1p... then probably he will think I can't have it twice in two games...

Do you watch this show much? Of course he could have had it twice in two days! :roll:

holly

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:46 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Wow this game didn't get much criticism I'm impressed!

Not a cautious deal, he knew it was to much of a risk for him, just a shame Mr. B got inside his head.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:48 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

holly wrote:
Not a cautious deal

It was VERY much so... and I'm probably not the only person on here who thinks it was.

There was FIVE above the offer... including four of the power five.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:12 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Mark wrote:
holly wrote:
Not a cautious deal

It was VERY much so... and I'm probably not the only person on here who thinks it was.

There was FIVE above the offer... including four of the power five.

You are not alone in thinking that was just a bit cautious, but he got what he knew would be of great benfit to his family.

You are ALONE in thinking he was not being brave to turn down the Bankers Gamble though... he could have left with a penny!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

There was just no way he'd accept the BG with 1p there. I don't think anyone could do that.

holly

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:14 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Mark wrote:
It was VERY much so... and I'm probably not the only person on here who thinks it was.There was FIVE above the offer... including four of the power five.

*Sigh*

You don't get it do you? It's about what the player wants, not what you want!!!!!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:14 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

psychokiller wrote:
Mark wrote:
holly wrote:
You are ALONE in thinking he was not being brave to turn down the Bankers Gamble though... he could have left with a penny!

But he could have also left with £75,000.

I know it was a BIG gamble yes, had he dealt at the £10,000 then he may have accepted it.

elementalpat

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 pm    Author: elementalpat    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

A rubbish offer (too many calls) and a rubbish decision in a frankly absolutely rubbish game!!!

Totally deserved to be be a big loser with a bad choice like that.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

Mark wrote:
psychokiller wrote:
Mark wrote:
holly wrote:

But he could have also left with £75,000.

I know it was a BIG gamble yes, had he dealt at the £10,000 then he may have accepted it.

It was indeed a BIG gamble, and to someone who had a nice £16,000 secure for his family, not a gamble worth considering. Shut up.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/05 Rich

The thing is, if he had took the gamble and won 1p, I'm sure there'd be some other people calling him an idiot for gambling. :roll:

I don't know what people are supposed to do!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]