Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:22 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 7:22 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker laughs wildly down the phone and offers Paul's wife a cheesy nibble!

Banker's offer would've been:

£140,000

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT MORE BRAVE.

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR...

Now that is TWO players in a row who should have said NO deal 6 times.

Clearly he couldn't even see there was another round in it with just TWO blues and FOUR of the power five.

His wife should have kept quiet, either that or had the URGE to tell him there was another round in it... OR his wife shouldn't have been there.

BLAME HIS WIFE...

I'm sure his wife kept saying sorry to him many many many countless times after the show finished.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

Noel opens Paul's box 4 and reveals £250,000

travis P

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

Like I said with Adam on Saturday. It will NEVER happen.

Salvy92

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: Salvy92    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

140k :lol: :lol:

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

Box 7 with Colleen contains the £50,000

Noel says it seems the banker's birthday week always produces extraordinary games.

Salvy92

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:54 pm    Author: Salvy92    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

I hope she's happy with herself.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

As Mark would say, I'm sure he's going to have harsh things to say to Chantelle. He is going to completely TICKED OFF with her. He should NEVER have listened to her! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special
Global Moderator

Well, I usually defend dealers who have the 250k, but I'm not going to this time, as, even without hindsight, that board was worth another round.

And now I dread what will happen for the rest of the week. We could be in for a couple of Noel-induced crashes. He will not have taken this very well. :roll:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Jerry173

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:56 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

That was a ridiculous final offer. In Tegen's game, when she had £20k and £250k, he offered only £77k. That-s the 6th time the £250k has come to the table two games in a row - not yet three in a row!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:56 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

The first MQM will be crowned in 2097. By then, 58 women will have won the top prize, and Edmonds will still be presenting the show, still as spry as ever at the ripe old age of 148 (he does not age).

Information courtesy of STATS LLC.

Also, for the first time in recorded history, Mark is exactly right. Historic moment, that.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

Up there with one of the WORST EVER family interference of all time.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

I'd be very surprised if this wasn't a good game for Deal-Eye... :eyes: :eyes: ;) ;) ;)

Don't forget, it STILL hasn't gone behind the players - even with them drawing level three times last week.

And I strongly doubt that it finally went behind in this game... :eyes: :eyes: ;) ;)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

Interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QRFzLOK1o4

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

I'm going to comment more when I get to watch this show (although I can't see myself disagreeing with all of you).

I don't know how many people are in relationships on here but if you had a partner who had a different risk philosophy, would you ban them from being at the taping and risk having to explain you'd lost a big amount?

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:03 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

£24K was PATHETIC! I'd have wanted AT LEAST the governor to deal there!

Salvy92

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm    Author: Salvy92    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

Simon F wrote:
I'm going to comment more when I get to watch this show (although I can't see myself disagreeing with all of you).

I don't know how many people are in relationships on here but if you had a partner who had a different risk philosophy, would you ban them from being at the taping and risk having to explain you'd lost a big amount?

Yes.

I would bring someone who would not interfere. I would most likely go right to the end at whatever happens as I chose the box, so it's fate. I wouldn't want someone to come with me who wanted me to deal very early. Or I would bring someone to just say to me "Do what you want".

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

I bet that interview video will get loads of hate comments directed at Chantelle. 40 views at the moment but it's probably going to shoot up.

Chelsea97

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:07 pm    Author: Chelsea97    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

I have a theory that (via the rigorous auditions process) the producers often discover quite a lot about the personal circumstances of each contestant. If someone is known to be in heavy debt its less of a risk to 'allow' them to bring a high value box to the table because the likelihood is that they will deal relatively early due to necessity.

In this case of course it was the contestant's wife who felt the need to remind him of that necessity.

Last edited by Chelsea97 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 07/04 Paul - Banker's Birthday Week Special

mr_northern_guy wrote:
£24K was PATHETIC! I'd have wanted AT LEAST the governor to deal there!

The Governor would still be rubbish. I'd have wanted £40k to even consider dealing there!

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]