Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:48 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:48 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I just hope Jimmy didn't feel he had to do that.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Of all the celebrity game shows there have been all over the years, I believe that is the lowest amount ever won for charity.

When will the first normal game be shown for when they returned filming for the 2012 shows. As they probably will use the different camera shots for those games.

Last edited by Mark on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL
Global Moderator

Oh dear. :(

Still, that was certainly a dramatic game, and I really enjoyed it! Lets hope for better things in the next celeb special. :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL
Administrator & Global Moderator

Jimmy says this isn't a nice feeling, but he played the game.

Box 19 with Roger contains the £35,000

Jimmy says this is the best rehearsal he's ever done! :P Noel says it's been fun, and Jimmy's raised awareness of his charity. More info about his charity can be found at http://www.channel4.com/deal

The show ends with Jimmy and the box-openers talking about the game...

the wellser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Has anyone noticed this from the bottom of Deal page on the Channel 4 website?

Celebrity Deal or No Deal
Jimmy Carr hosts a Celebrity Deal or No Deal, Sunday at 8 on C4. Why not donate to Jimmy's charity?

To be fair Noel wasn't his usual self in this show and seemed to sink into the background.

Last edited by the wellser on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

should have been a lot LESS brave. ;) ;) ;)

Well played though, and very interesting to see how celebs interpret the game (and how they interpret the walk of wealth... :lol: )

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

I quite enjoyed that as a concept. A very worthy cause - remember a BBC2 series about the hospice a few years ago.

Big gamble at the end and hopefully the hospice will get some good donations (although it may have done anyway had there been £35k in the box)

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

14K was an unusually generous offer . Most advice from the wings would normally be to deal in that scenario. Jimmy was great though and there were some great gags! I would have gone at 14K but it's easy with hindsight. At least no one can accuse the Celebrity show of being fixed with the £750 win. I hope there will be more of them! :)

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

When Noel was about to open the box, I KNEW it would be the £750 - simply because everyone was saying it would be the opposite!

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

The first redesign of the box insides since July 2006 - not sure I like these though

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:01 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Given he was playing for charity I expected Jimmy to be a lot more cautious, but you can't say he ploughed through the game without respecting and considering the offers.

Personally I would have taken the £14k especially if it was for a good cause.But whatever the result it was good publicity for Helen House - a local charity to me so of especial interest - and with 23 commedians in the studio the game was never less than entertaining

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL
Administrator & Global Moderator

thundercat wrote:
The first redesign of the box insides since July 2006 - not sure I like these though

I just had a quick look back at the commentary for the first show of 2010, and the labels changed slightly then.

KP wrote:
I make that the third redesign of the interior box labels.

I think the labels have gone from dark blue (not black as it appears on-screen) & white >>> colour >>> '3D' colour >>> tweak at start of 2010 >>> tweak first seen today. So I reckon they're on their 4th redesign now.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:52 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Complete rubbish game. I think they should have done what most celebrity versions of game shows do - give the celebrity players a guaranteed amount for charity, such as £5,000 or so. That way, if things go to hell as they did here, the celebrity won't have to embarrass themselves by showing up with a check for £Next-to-Nothing.

the wellser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:50 am    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Mad Mark wrote:
Complete rubbish game. I think they should have done what most celebrity versions of game shows do - give the celebrity players a guaranteed amount for charity, such as £5,000 or so. That way, if things go to hell as they did here, the celebrity won't have to embarrass themselves by showing up with a check for £Next-to-Nothing.

That would totally defeat the point.

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to give some gifts to the charity like toys, days out or vital equipment though, to soften the blow.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Does anyone know when the next celebrity episodes are on? I can't seem to find them anywhere in the Radio Times...is it just a one-off thing? I thought Noel was supposed to be playing?

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

daniel4389 wrote:
Does anyone know when the next celebrity episodes are on? I can't seem to find them anywhere in the Radio Times...is it just a one-off thing? I thought Noel was supposed to be playing?

In two weeks time. 22nd April.

Celebrity who's playing? No idea.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Thanks! Wonder why it's every two weeks :S

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Well maybe the next one after that is the week after. Just have to wait and see.

dougal18

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

Mad Mark wrote:

I'd love the excitement of an 5 box situtation with £3,000 left and a guaranteed win of £5,000.

Carr gambled, lost and like every other player has to Deal with the consequences.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: 08/04 Jimmy Carr - CELEBRITY SPECIAL

I liked the idea of a Celebrity special (But didn't Noel say he'd quit if it ever came to that?). The game was fun but considering some of the normal contestants being hilarious, I expected a bit more. I also wanted Jimmy to deal at £14,000 because that risk seemed too much. Reminded me of Lynn's game from show #1.

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]