Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:42 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:42 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:32 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Phyl - Easter Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Phyl was really entertaining and had a very good sense of humour - she certainly put Noel in his place a few times! I wasn't aware of what she did when she reached the ends of the wings with her system though - I found that I had a problem when I used the same 'diagonal pairing' system, because obviously there aren't even numbers of people on the wings. It was great that she won an excellent sum of money - I was really worried she'd crash and burn as she kept going on one box at a time.

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
RMF1254 wrote:
My first thought was that they'd really cut the budget for the specials this time around - no costumes or set decoration, a recycled twist from 2006 (?) and the Banker employing Chld labour to paint the boxes :-D

The Easter specials have always been quite low-key compared to the other specials they do, probably because they're only on for a few days over the Easter weekend. Although having said that, in 2010, they pushed the boat out a bit and did some 'Easter Madness' specials over the Easter weekend, where they all dressed up.

2008 and 2009 both saw a weekend of specials based on the egg-based twist, but 2006 and 2007 just had a single Easter show where they had some appropriately coloured boxes and set decorations (and I believe ex-contestant Bunney made a return in the 2007 special, dressed as the Easter bunny!). There were no Easter specials last year, but I think that was because Easter was rather late in the year and rather close to the banker's birthday week.

BrianR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:23 am    Author: BrianR    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Phyl - Easter Special

Usually when there is a game with an older player (such as Phyl), I find the games as dull as dishwater.

You know they'd take the first decent offer (banker of course would know this to), so first sighting of 16k they're usually offski.

Congratualtions to Phyl though as this was a very entertaining game. More of the same please :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:55 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Phyl - Easter Special
International Forums Moderator

Is this the longest run without a Power 5 win ever? It must be up there.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Jerry173

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:37 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Phyl - Easter Special

KP wrote:
Is this the longest run without a Power 5 win ever? It must be up there.

Not yet! No-one won £35k or more in games 1523 to 1584 (62 games). Other bleak spells were games 1367 to 1426 (60 games) and 792 to 848 (57 games). It is currently 52 games since Rich won £50k.

In games 744 to 848 (105 games) there was only 1 power 5 win (Jess won £40k in game 791)

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:43 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 06/04 Phyl - Easter Special

Hand on heart I really thought that Phyl was going to go down the Antonia route and not take the game seriously, and it was nice to be proven wrong :oops:

Very pleased and impressed with the game overall, Phyl played it perfectly and really didn't allow Edmondo to take the focus off the game with any messing about :)

Hopefully the remaining Easter games will be as productive and profitable for the person playing :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]