Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:23 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 6:23 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
We're back for the proveout.

Noel says that through the break, Dan's been very expressive, and seems very uncertain about his decision.

Round 5 (proveout)

7 - 1p Maria

Dan seems at least as annoyed that he'd have got a much better offer picking that in round 4! Dan thinks the offer might have been £13k - the Banker confirms as much.

14 - £1 Jan

Dan is self-depreciating in the face of this...

9 - £10 :O Al

Banker time...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:49 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Someone should have told him there was another round in it.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Noel can hardly believe that, and takes several seconds of shocked reaction before he can even approach a guilt trip...

Banker's offer would've been:

£20,010

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:51 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Was it me or did Noel say £20,020?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Round 6

10 - £250 Bastian

15 - £50,000 Alan

Dan says he could deal with taking £7,810 when it could have been £20k, but not if there was a possible £40k, thus confirming an inflated 2-box offer if £100k stays.

18 - £100,000 :) Martin

Banker time with £50 and £1,000 remaining...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

The Banker is now annoyed...

Banker's offer would've been:

£210

Noel opens Dan's box 5 to reveal £50

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Box 22 with Nichola has £1,000

Noel goes back to the bad run of games before this one, and that the show's integrity remains intact! Dan says that his prize is still "awesome".

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan
Global Moderator

Another cautious deal. And another small sum on the table. Was probably another round in that, but can see why he dealt.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

holly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

hogwild94 wrote:
Another cautious deal. And another small sum on the table. Was probably another round in that, but can see why he dealt.

Definatley another riund I thought, but yes I can see why he dealt. Though I bet the 5 box offer would have only been about £15,000.

In terms of the "sticky" period, it seems to be getting almost worrying now, so many bad deals and it feels like years since a big win!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

You know what? These games recently have made me completely oblivious to the "current" games and I'm favouring the early 2006 episodes on Challenge instead!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

holly wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:

Definatley another riund I thought, but yes I can see why he dealt. Though I bet the 5 box offer would have only been about £15,000.

In terms of the "sticky" period, it seems to be getting almost worrying now, so many bad deals and it feels like years since a big win!

It was very worth another round. Someone should have told him that you have more chance of getting a all blue round of which he did. Then he may have gone for it, and then spanked the Banker.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:31 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

BankerSpanker wrote:
That is a RUBBISH offer! Why would you deal that?! :smt019

Because

a) There's only a 36% chance of not hitting one of the top 2 and the offers on a £100k/peanuts or £50k/peanuts final 5 are probably going to be around £9k and £4k respectively (and taking neither would probably be £5k less than the offer was claimed to have been)
b) There just over a 50% chance of having neither of the top 2 at 2-box.

Mark wrote:

It was very worth another round. Someone should have told him that you have more chance of getting a all blue round of which he did. Then he may have gone for it, and then spanked the Banker.

Ignoring the fact that he hit the perfect 1 in 56 round, it was only just under 18% to have any all blue round. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "you have more chance of getting an all blue round".

Sensible deal - it's just the luck isn't with the players at the moment.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:28 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Deal was a bit on the cautious side but understandable, Very unlucky to get the perfect round in proveout - and while the proveout offer may have been inflated it doesn't change the fact it would have been the peak of the game - but at least he avoided the crash

20 games now since a power 5 came to the table, there can't be more tthan a couple of people left on the wings who even remember seeing a big red in the player's box

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]