Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: 22/03 Dan
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Dan's game today.

Amusingly jarring transition before the show from Age UK to Hollyoaks adverts ;)

Noel rather dances down to the table today. He can't recall a period of bad luck like this, and says that while viewers do sometimes like the odd crash, there have been too many bad games of late. He says that such a run of bad games prove that the game is fair. "Believe me, if Deal was fixed, we'd be fixing it now!" Ironic that I'm covering this...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:03 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Had the £75,000 yesterday and game before that, the £20,000.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Dan has box 5 today.

Dan milks the walk to the table even more than Noel did a few minutes ago ;)

Daniel Adams, from York, has a ludicrously long-winded job title. He works for Leeds Council, supporting people with mental health to gain confidence through physical activity. He eats 5-6 meals per day, apparently, and spends an awful long time at the gym too. "Clearly you're fit, and I mean that in the physical exercise sense," Noel says, before flirting with Dan's significant other! (Sigh.)

We see a photo of him shirtless with his partner on holiday, and the Banker phones up right away to jokingly say that he only bought the pic so we could all see his pecs! Also with him - a child's shoe, his first shoe apparently when he was a baby. He's been involved in two house fires, and this is one of the very few things he has left from his childhood, so that's his lucky charm for the game.

Here we go...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Round 1

Dan says he will keep 22 to the end as it's a significant number in his life. 18 and 12 are also to be kept late to the game.

11 - £3,000 Craig

Dan considers Eugenia with 17. He then applies Mally Logic to ask who had the £250k yesterday.

17 - 50p Eugenia

Dan jokes that Wade looks like Tom Daley on steroids! Noel wants this to be the 1p!

1 - £10,000 Wade

8 - £75,000 Bob

16 - 10p Becky

Banker time...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

The Banker's first remarks: "Well, at least he kept his top on!" His partner is likened to Nicole Scherzinger, and there's an awful joke about how if she could sing sitting down she'd be Nicole Chairsinger!

More pertinently, the Banker thinks Dan is an excellent board reader, and thinks that there would be an inquiry if he had the £250k after today's introduction!!

Banker's offer:

£10,010

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Dan says that a five-figure offer is always a tempter.

Dan says NO DEAL. Noel talks up Dan's prospects of a big win as he calls a break...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

We're back, with Dan pumping up the pilgrims... and now he's running around the wings high-fiving everyone, a lá Andy K!

Round 2

4 - £750 Paula

3 - £250,000 :( Kev

Noel jokes at least this means the show will air tomorrow!

20 - £500 Phyl

Banker time...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Noel talks about the run of low amounts on the table. The Banker talks about how Phyl takes a newspaper into the toilet at the hotel! She can't believe anyone was watching her!!

The Banker says the £250k going makes the £75k hit in round 1 more significant.

Banker's offer:

£5,010

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Tutting all round at the offer. Dan points to the mid-red block and suggests that there's "got" to be more than £5,000 at the table (9/14 chance you're wrong, Dan! :D)

Dan says NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Round 3

Dan has an odd anecdote about taking someone's teeth out accidentally with an ironing board!

Dave talks up the prospect of a Power 5 on the table, and Noel compares his stance to a vulture!

13 - £15,000 Dave

6 - £20,000 Joan

Noel calls a break, with Dan's break link referring to the teeth he's taken out...

Jerry173

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 pm    Author: Jerry173    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

6 other Dans have played the game, and they won a total of £34k (i.e. average less tha 6k). The average for all players is over £15k. Looks like Dan might be an unlucky name!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

We're back

It was his dad whose teeth he took out with an ironing board apparently. Missed that at the time.

Last box of round 3...

12 - £5 - newbie Gemma

Banker time

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Noel says that one meant a lot to Dan.

The Banker thinks this might be taken...

Banker's offer:

£8,010

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Dan says it's very difficult to take the first offer. He sees round 4 as pivotal. Ellie (his girlfriend) says "there's eight blues", then clarifies saying there's "eight low ones" (£1k and £5k count as disposable). Dan considers the possibilities for the next round and the edit is making look like he's given this some thought. Despite having turned down more earlier, he's calling this "the biggest gamble I've ever made".

Dan says NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Round 4

19 - £5,000 Niko

Dodgy camera shot meant we only saw the red at first, not the number!

2 - £100 Kelly

21 and 7 are being considered next. Noel suggests that players haven't been confident lately.

21 - £35,000 Antonia

Banker time

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Noel describes the 8-box board as "frightening" given the 5-3 colour balance towards the blues. The Banker's interpretation is that Dan's ethos is "feel the fear and do it anyway".

Banker's offer:

£7,810

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Noel muses over the very small drop. Dan wonders if a stick or near-stick suggests it's time to Deal. Eugenia gives a big speech that draws applause so although I didn't hear half of it, I suspect it encouraged him to play on and be positive. Maria makes a neutral contribution, and Gemma talks about the regret balance. Dan says he does like to gamble, though of course that's not for these stakes!

Dan says DEAL.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Looks like another cautious deal / player.

I've a feeling it's going to be another "OH DEAR..." moment.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

Dan is grinning, with Noel ironically joking he's upset! At least I think that was irony ;)

Noel says the Banker pitched that offer very well, and calls a break before the proveout...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 22/03 Dan

That is a RUBBISH offer! Why would you deal that?! :smt019

FD = £5,598.82. It's above the FD yes, but still far too low.

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]