Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Is that the first ever all-blue squashdown and/or the first time the result of the game (TPW in this case because of the earlier offers) has been known at the squashdown? Quite the escape that was.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela
Global Moderator

KP wrote:
Is that the first ever all-blue squashdown and/or the first time the result of the game (TPW in this case because of the earlier offers) has been known at the squashdown? Quite the escape that was.

Bill from November 2010 had won the game by 6-box. And Gail who began Series 5.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

A defeatist deal that turns out to be the right decision.

I could never have dealt at £7k. I DON'T want to risk being in the Hall of Fame as the biggest loser.

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela
International Forums Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:
KP wrote:

And it obviously wasn't the first all-blue squashdown because we've had an all-blue 8-box!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:02 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela
Global Moderator

KP wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:
KP wrote:

And it obviously wasn't the first all-blue squashdown because we've had an all-blue 8-box!

Yeah, I was referring to your second question.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

holly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:10 pm    Author: holly    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Carland wrote:
Woo! My first game today! :-D

Oh hello Carland. Nice to see a contestant on here. ;)

Well that was something. I seriously did not expect her to take out the remaining two reds after she dealt. Lots of humour at the beginning which was nice. :)

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:15 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Carland wrote:

Hopefully when looking on here you will find something called the "Spoiler" section and in there "Who play's when"....

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Actually Sophie from feb last year dealt £7k on the same board and ended up with the worst posible proveout (except she had the £5k on the table). Think majority of us would have won blue today though. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

A perfectly reasonable decision to deal there. With a better than even chance of hitting at least one of the two remaining reds in the following round, and with a £250k/4 blues 5-box typically getting an offer in the region of £10k-£12k (maybe less since it had been revealed that Angela was scared of leaving with a blue), it was far more likely that the game would crash than soar.

Also, that's the first ever all-blue squashdown where the player had already dealt. Nice.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Well, at 8m20 she still hasn't opened the first box so I predict there is going to be heck of a lot of padding today perhaps brought about by an early deal? Or perhaps it is a clever edit to keep us guessing. Crikey it gets worse. 11 minutes in and she is only just choosing her third box! :shock: :shock: A polar opposite to yesterdays game. The 17box phone call still hasn't occurred at 15 minutes!! wtf is going on with the editing. A 17box deal?! :smt046 Not with that opening offer just pegged back below £10k.

No, but the clock is saying to expect an 11box deal..hmmm. Well the "fifty grand" goes and Noel pleads "not another heartbreaker". okay, well my predictions of an early deal seem to be fast evaporating. Hmm £12,050. surely not a deal with that? No and she certainly hammed up that no deal. Again, what is going on with the editing? :blueponder :blueponder

Okay well the reveal of the £100k goes some way to calling the strange editing.. A crash perchance? £15k and we start to get Noel growling with disapproval. £5k and nobody knows how to react.

Seven grand as Noel calls it. Well if she sold the £250k for that, it would be up there with Robs in deal history. She's curling her lip and I'm saying she may take the £7k and run. Okay with 10 minutes of show left and Noel doing a sweep they are wasting far too much time for her to go to 2box in live play. Everyone calls a "No deal" but the clock says otherwise!

Okay she deals. Lets see how it pans out! Well an OPW and relief. Good comments from everyone else on here. She snatches victory from a defeatist deal.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Mark wrote:
Carland wrote:

Hopefully when looking on here you will find something called the "Spoiler" section and in there "Who play's when"....

I do hope you're not encouraging people to break their legally binding contract with Endemol.
:D

Very cautious deal and we continue the run of low numbers in boxes (which I'm surprised Noel hasn't mentioned by now - only Mark on Boxing Day has had more than £20k in his box in his box since the beginning of the Panto shows)

Muriel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 pm    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Carland wrote:

What an attractive young man you would appear to be, I shall be keeping my out for you in the next few weeks.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

So a deal that could be argued as cautious turns out to be a narrow escape. Amy=Jo's game is looking to be something of a fluke but at least Angela avoided the all blue 5 box. That would have been nasty.

Again a game dogged by bad luck but saved by an injection of humour from the wings, not least from Noel's chat with newbie Carland, who i see has joined us here. Welcome Carland.

willrelf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:33 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela
Forum Games Moderator

£7000 was a poor offer for the board and I'm surprised she dealt. Turned out to be the right decision though so well done to Angela. All the way to £500 for me.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

Carland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 am    Author: Carland    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Mark wrote:
Carland wrote:

Haha, I know who plays next, but you'll have to watch the shows to find out!

Simon F wrote:
I do hope you're not encouraging people to break their legally binding contract with Endemol.
:D

I wouldn't do such a thing! Lol! :shock:

Muriel wrote:
What an attractive young man you would appear to be, I shall be keeping my out for you in the next few weeks.

Thanks! :-D

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:31 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Carland wrote:
Mark wrote:
Carland wrote:

Haha, I know who plays next, but you'll have to watch the shows to find out!

You could always say when your game is as former players have done so on here before.........

Carland

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:53 pm    Author: Carland    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Mark wrote:
You could always say when your game is as former players have done so on here before.........

31/01/12 :D

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

It's better saying that in the spoiler section that on this thread.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 05/01 Angela

Whether it's in the right thread or not, I'm sure he'd appreciate a "thank you" ;)

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]