Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 pm Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
I mentioned the current 22 early on page 3. :)

Who was there, I only recognised Bill and John?

Two things do confuse me about that though, first of all the fact that they'd bother inviting them back to act as a decoy, and secondly surely Steph as a fan of the show expecting to be a pilgrim would have recognised them as the current 22 and be thinking "Why on earth would one of this lot be playing live? Surely all their games were filmed months ago!!" :)

Apologies for missing your post. :oops: You've got a good point about Steph, but I suppose she'd never have guessed that it would be HER playing!

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE

A modest money game to end the live shows on - and at least it gave the live shows some sort of happy ending that didn't feel too forced.

Bar a few 2-box decisions having to be made in haste, the live shows have been well managed by the crew, and I can definitely see them aiming to do more in future.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:36 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE

James1978 wrote:
I mentioned the current 22 early on page 3. :)

Who was there, I only recognised Bill and John?

Two things do confuse me about that though, first of all the fact that they'd bother inviting them back to act as a decoy, and secondly surely Steph as a fan of the show expecting to be a pilgrim would have recognised them as the current 22 and be thinking "Why on earth would one of this lot be playing live? Surely all their games were filmed months ago!!" :)

I couldn't remember half the current 22 players today when the normal shows started. I'd have probably just have thought that those players who I didn't recognise were F&F of the player today.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE

I saw Nicki, Sheila and Syrita too

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:07 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE

Thoroughly enjoyed this game as they made it different to the other Live shows, poor girl I thought she was going to crumble under the pressure but she held it together and that's thanks to Noel and everyone else who have done the past 2 weeks brilliantly well.

I hope they do more Live shows in the future. :smt023

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:34 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE

James1978 wrote:

I don't think any of the pilgrims sitting in the studio waiting for the programme to begin were thinking that a current player was going to be playing. When I saw them there I thought that it was a nice idea to get them back in order to provide a bit of continuity with the pre-recorded games that were about to be starting up again.

However, the lack of 'unknowns' on the wings, together with the fact that Noel mentioned in the trail that they were doing something they've never done before, did prompt the thought in my mind that they were going to surprise somebody there and then to play. I didn't mention it to anybody else there just in case I was wrong, but I did start mentally preparing myself for the unlikely event that it'd be me!

the wellser

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:45 pm    Author: the wellser    Post subject: Re: 23/10 Steph - Deal or No Deal LIVE

James1978 wrote:

I think you're getting confused with how members of DOND.co.uk think and a normal person would think. Almost certainly most of the pilgrims would have thought nothing of the player line-up.

I personally was expecting them to pluck someone out of the near by Boca Bar or something to play the game.

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]