Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
We're back

Round 5 - Proveout round

15 - £35,000 Jess

2 - £100 Tabitha

22 - £75,000 Mark

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

That is fascinating and really interesting now says Noel.

Banker's offer would've been:

£16,000

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

Round 6 - Proveout round

Noel wonders if £50,000 could be on the table 3 games in a row.

3 - 10p Steve

4 - £100,000 Petra

14 - £50,000 Joycey

Banker time with 50p and £250 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

That is absolutely brilliant says Noel. The Banker says that this is the most fortunate group they have ever had, and he hates each and every one of them!

Banker's offer would've been:

£79.50

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

Noel opens Duane's box 19 and reveals £250

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

Box 8 with newbie Nick contains the 50p

Noel asks Duane if £15,000 was his target, or if it was a bit of gameplay, and Duane says that when he first heard he was coming on the show he thought £10,000 would be nice, but then £15,000 became his target. Noel says that he is really sorry that Duane didn't go home with his target and now has to go home with £23,000 :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane
International Forums Moderator

Wow, this game never ceases to amaze. I was convinced he'd go all the way regardless, and he takes a mathematically solid but less-than-obvious Deal at eight-box for an OPW!

I guess this is proof that you really do need to watch every game from the beginning to the end.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane
Global Moderator

Yay! Good job Duane. A cautious deal, but not a stupid one as many would think!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

Wow, this thread's quiet, I wonder why? :)

Hang about though wasn't he leaving Box 14 (which contained the £50k) to the end? I know the 2-box offer would still have been less than the deal though. And swapping generally isn't the done thing either.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

Anyone know when this show was filmed? It was VERY dark and pouring with rain. I'm guessing this was filmed after like 8PM.

As for the offer, it was very generous given that the £250k was gone and 10p and 50p were still there.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

James1978 wrote:
Wow, this thread's quiet, I wonder why? :)

Hang about though wasn't he leaving Box 14 (which contained the £50k) to the end? I know the 2-box offer would still have been less than the deal though. And swapping generally isn't the done thing either.

He then went on to say 8 was his lucky number, so he had to choose between the two in the end I guess.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

First male to take to the chair since Tegen's win...and he takes the £250k out in the first box. Probably saved himself a lot of pressuring spiel from Noel with that move! :lol:

Plus he did well to keep the remaining power 4 in as long as he did. I'd probably have braved it for another round, but like with Nadia yesterday, you'd need to be prepared to go to the end if you did turn down the £23k because you'd need a very good round for the 5-box offer to rise significantly - hitting any of them, even the £35k, could limit the increase to only a few grand.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

Mark wrote:
I feel that is a mistake. With the reds being only four of the power five, was very worth one more round at least.

4 reds / 4 blues. It's a coinflip whether the next round is good or bad. Feelings don't come into it.

[quote="BankerSpanker"]Anyone know when this show was filmed? It was VERY dark and pouring with rain. I'm guessing this was filmed after like 8PM.

From what MisterAL told me, Tegen and Kerrie's game were filmed on the same morning in February so I'm guessing if it were a 4-show filming day, then this would have been the last show of the day and I'm imagining Tegen's game would have probably put the schedule behind for the whole day. It could have been dark around 6-7pm though.

Anyway, good to see an OPW today but Noel got the analogy with yesterday's game a bit wrong. Yes there were 4 reds and 4 blues at 8-box but yesterday the lowest red was an orange so really it was a 3-box game at 8-box.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
It could have been dark around 6-7pm though.

And the rest - it'd have been dark by 5:30 at that time of year.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane

What a brilliant game to start the week and a much needed reminder that you don't have to play to the end in order to spank the Banker.

I think Duane deserves as much credit as Kerrie got for taking the maximum out of his game. It's one thing to trust to blind luck and hope you've got big money in your box, but dealing at the peak of the game is just as satisfying a result. I just wish there was the same sort of love for these players as we get for the box openers

And poor Jodie getting kicked out of the studio yet again, at this rate i can see her being the first contestant to actually play their game from the car park :laughing

willrelf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 26/09 Duane
Forum Games Moderator

LOL Mark got owned.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]