Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Warnings: 0
£13,000? The Banker is clever...he's desperate for a morale-boosting 50p win here! If she goes for it then for the sake of the others and the post-£250,000 atmosphere, maybe that's for the best?

Sorry, you can tell me and KP are good friends, can't you? :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

If I was in her situation with the 13/50K connection, I'd go for it because I'd be more than gutted if I dealt and then found I had 50K in my box.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel says we have had so much bravery this week, and now Kerrie has a tough decision. Kerrie's sister says that it is ironic that the £50,000 is still in play and Kerrie played the joke on Dan with £50,000, also Kerrie wanted box 13 and today she has got it.

Kerrie says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie
International Forums Moderator

The symbolism lined it up. Endemol seemed to want this. They've obviously not run out of budget yet.

Have they just squandered another £35,000 by not making sure of a Deal here?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Kerrie asks Noel what she has done...

Noel opens Kerrie's box 13 and reveals £50,000

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Box 22 with Nadia contains the 50p

Kerrie says she can't believe it. Noel says that aobut 7 or 8 boxes ago you wouldn't believe that Kerrie would be going home with one of the life-changing sums.

Noel gives Kerrie the £50,000 card inside the box to take home and give to her brother-in-law :lol:

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

wow! confounded but heck, the production team must really revisit their consistent lowballing the final offers with a p5 in play!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Oh good lord it worked!!!

I don't begrudge her the win one single bit, well deserved...I was merely going on about what could happen now with the next couple weeks' shows.

Still, this is the first time we've had consecutive Power 5 wins in FOREVER!! :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

"What have I done?" Got caught into the "playing the game" trap, funnelled into it at a fierce rate of knots by the previous few hours' events, and lucked out spectacularly with a gamble you'd not have taken any other day and could easily have regretted for years. That's what you've done.

If January 2007 was the Wakey Winter, September/October 2011 could be an Astonishing Autumn. (Wanted to play on "Fall" but anything I tried led to an awkward double meaning.)

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Missed the last few minutes of this.

YES... two mega spankings in a row.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie
Global Moderator

Yay! Well done Kerrie! Looks like the Banker's luck HAS run out now!

Let the good wins keep coming in! :D

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

WOW! That was a seriuously BRAVE gamble on an ALL OR NOTHING board! :shock:
I couldn't have done that with 50p there.

£300k in 2 games! :D

Fan of classic rock and metal

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

hogwild94 wrote:
Yay! Well done Kerrie! Looks like the Banker's luck HAS run out now!

Let the good wins keep coming in! :D

Hold on a second!!! Now we know what the Deal advert online is all about ("Has the Banker's luck run out?")

Call me naive but I wasn't expecting it to be such a hint! :lol:

hevelius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

:smt041 Well done Kerrie!!...another great win,with a contestant who had BELIEF,
and a story connected to the box.i didnt see this game as a power five win,until the
end...and the BELIEF took over.forget statistics,averages,sensible deals,the BEST
WINS are by contestants with a story,who have the luck,and BELIEF,and go to the end!

FergusSiraLexon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: FergusSiraLexon    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

It was a clever try with the mind games from the banker/Noel and she did well to hold her nerve.

I will always admire brave players who don't get their head twisted by the banker/Noel, so I'm really glad she got the 50K. It's what she deserved.

Just to add a bit more to my hurried post from 5 minutes ago. My point was that if I was in her situation, I'd be more gutted if I dealt and then found 50K in my box than I would if I'd said no deal and found a blue in my box.

Last edited by FergusSiraLexon on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

norwichdonder wrote:
wow! confounded but heck, the production team must really revisit their consistent lowballing the final offers with a p5 in play!

They're pretty much helpless now after this as well. To have a £50k win from nowhere, via a couple of gambles she probably wouldn't have made if she'd played the previous game, just compounds yesterday's impact.

The players are now going to be on autopilot No Deal mode you'd think - and it will take at least one self-inflicted trainwreck to make them think twice. The Banker, for perhaps the first time since early 2007, has become effectively meaningless.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:04 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Good game that, glad she turned down the 13K as it was a forcing offer, would have been a bit daft to take that after turning down 9K.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Not anywhere a TV for next few hours but got the feeling todays show would be hard to do a Likely Lads for so been following online.

Wow.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:20 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Is this the first time that as much as £300k has been paid out in two consecutive shows? I had a look at the list of shows and I don't think a win as high as £50k has ever succeeded or preceded a £250k win!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:38 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/09 Kerrie

Wow! What can I say? Autumn the new Wakey Winter I guess.

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]