Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Warnings: 0
BUT would she had swapped the box though.

Should have had a Gurpal feeling inside her...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
Global Moderator

My Dad would've taken 26k today, as he's a 26k targetist! :lol:

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:07 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

IF I ever get to be on the show which would probably be most unlikely and I got the £26k offer... I would within the next 1 or 2 seconds ask for the question as that Old faithful doesn't work for me.

Never has done... Never will... but sadly for some, it does.

I bet her Granddad wasn't pleased played she didn't go all the way... then she would have got him a TOP of the range shed. But she can still with the £26k.

Last edited by Mark on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:08 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
Forum Games Moderator

My dad hates Deal or No Deal, actually. Always laughing when someone's crying. :twisted:

Mark wrote:
IF I ever get to be on the show which would probably be most unlikely and I got the £26k offer... I would within the next 1 or 2 seconds ask for the question as that Old faithful doesn't work for me.

Would be ironic (but great) if you won the £250,000. See you there. :wave:

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:10 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Mark wrote:
BUT would she had swapped the box though.

Should have had a Gurpal feeling inside her...

She said 6 was her lucky number so she may well have kept it - many contestants would probably feel more gutted swapping away the larger amount than if they never had it in the first place.

And it's all too easy to say what people "should" have done. Gurpal "should" have dealt the £70k at 2-box, remember that!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Skyline wrote:
My dad hates Deal or No Deal, actually. Always laughing when someone's crying. :twisted:

Mark wrote:

Would be ironic (but great) if you won the £250,000. See you there. :wave:

I would yes, if it kept in player.

hevelius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:17 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

should have had more or even SOME belief....the flash of box 12
at the mediums DID mean something...it had the 250k!!...i believe in prophesies/mediums and would carry that belief with me thru my game if/when i get on the show.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Seriously though let's be honest...that was a cruel fifth offer, based on reputation alone...finding £75,000 but keeping the top two, 1p still in play or not, it should have been £30,000 at very least!

And how are we, the audience, rewarded for such a tight offer being taken? With a dream finish proveout. Cruel. Simply cruel.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
International Forums Moderator

While this will go down as a fourth six-figure box win for Deal-Eye in this still-young season, and I'd have got a £160k OPW with that box selection pattern, in honesty my only criticism is that the £26k was probably not as good an offer as £20k in relative terms. Mind you, it didn't need to be; the Banker knew that the prospect of disaster was much more apparent on the five-box configuration than it was at eight, and recognised that she'd play accordingly. In all honesty, I suspect that on that board there's little point making the "textbook play" of an offer in the thirties, because I suspect that most non-statistical players would either Deal £26k or turn down £46k on that board...!

It's a great Banker result more than anything else.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

travis P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Mark wrote:
OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR

Should have been a LOT more brave and for the second time in the show's history... we would have had the dream finish twice.

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR

Yes, I got your message. I've already read your disappointment/rant/whatever you call it on the DoND Facebook thread.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:46 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Good. Really annoys me when players miss the chance of a power five.

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Mark wrote:
Good. Really annoys me when players miss the chance of a power five.

Really annoys me when people rant about players being too cautious. She had just as much chance of ending up with 1p and another blue FFS!!!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

...Also she had a chance of ending up with the dream finish!!!!!!

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
...Also she had a chance of ending up with the dream finish!!!!!!

You don't get the show, do you.

Day after day you always complain about each non-OPW. Day after day your hindsight is 21/20. NOT EVERY SHOW IS GOING TO BE PERFECT. This just in: This is a show largely about luck. Sure, and that's what the offers are for - to help you to get something out of the game. So this girl, she got the 1/10 chance of the perfect round after 5-box. You wouldn't be saying all of this if she had the 1p and £50. Your hindsight is just annoying, and why watch if you don't even understand the show.

So what if she squandered the dream finish. She won £26,000 (with regrets, of course). She's happy. (And don't give me that bull about her possibility to win at least £100,000.) Why watch DOND if you don't understand the show?

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

I fully understand the show, been watching it for years to know what it's about. They only have one chance, so might as well make the most of it! Like I would for example !!!

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

Mark wrote:

There must be some scenarios where £26k was that good an offer that even you couldn't turn it down. Can't think of an obvious one though (a board would have to have an average close to £26k which at 2 box means something like £50k/£3k, 5-box would be £100k/£35k/peanuts). Maybe something like £250k/£35k/peanuts at 11-box.

Anyway.

Really unlucky to leave the QM at the end rather than any other box (which would have meant that the 2-box offer would have been around the same as what she dealt or we might have got a BG).

The 30% chance of losing £26k is very scary and I don't blame her for dealing.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
Global Moderator

I look at it this way: DOND is a game of pure chance and pure luck. The player can exit the game at whichever point they like. The money they dealt clearly means a lot to them, so they are happy with their winnings. Any increase they could have had is irrelevant.

Take today: there was just as much a chance of the board going the other way, and it was a shame that, having dealt, the board went the wrong way.

And, as for making the most of your one opportunity, a lot of people have done that, and gone away with peanuts (Dermot from March '09 springs to mind [for some reason]). If I ever get on Deal, I will play the game the way I want, and not let others tell me what to do, or what I should have done.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
International Forums Moderator

I suspect you remember Dermot because he snapped a long red streak, and he took his blue win badly IIRC - making him a prime reminder of the perils of "playing the game".

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:10 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren
Global Moderator

KP wrote:
I suspect you remember Dermot because he snapped a long red streak, and he took his blue win badly IIRC - making him a prime reminder of the perils of "playing the game".

I've never seen Dermot's game (as I wasn't watching the show at the time), but I have read about it, and it's the end of the red run, and his system that makes it stand out for me.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:20 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 15/09 Lauren

I notice that someone's boiler is way overheated... :eyes: :eyes: ;) ;) ;)

h2005 wrote:
The ending to this game does mirror the ending of Donna's game somewhat. Although didn't Donna deal at £22k and have £250k in her box?

£21k, actually. ;)

But the biggest difference of all is that Donna was just a [very insulting term]... ;)

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]