Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6 - proveout

3 - Duane - £35,000

7 - Andy - £3,000

9 - Terry - £50,000

Banker time with 10p and £10 remaining...

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Banker's offer would've been:

£2.50

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Lorraine has 10p in her box 18.

Box 2 with Anthony contains the £10

Lorraine says it's fantastic that she spanked the banker!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine
Global Moderator

A cautious deal that led to a Spanking! Good show! :D

Also, condolencies to Buk and his family. :(

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:09 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

£13k was more than I was expecting at 8-box, with the blues being low I was only just expecting the offer to be five figures (replace one of the remaining blues with 1p and it probably would have been).

I was thinking the odds were that at least one of the big 3 would go in the next round:
If it was the £35k - the offer would increase but may not exceed £20k.
If it was the £50k - the offer would increase a little, probably not higher than about £16k.
If it was the £75k - the offer would drop a few grand, £11k was probably the highest it would have been.
If all 3 stayed, the offer would have probably been around £26k. If more than 1 was found, let's just say the next offer may not have been particularly dealable!

So with that in mind, I don't blame Lorraine for dealing. The banker may have claimed he'd have beaten anyone else in the chair, but I think a fair few of them may have dealt at 5-box anyway (and maybe a few would have actually done the same as Lorraine were they in the chair!).

RMF1254

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Mark wrote:
I feel it's a big mistake.

Was very worth another round.

Mange tes mots maintenant! :twisted: :lol: ;) 8)

But judging by the number of posts thus far, this must have been a pretty unspectacular game - even with the result being an OPW... :?

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Brick wrote:
£13k was more than I was expecting at 8-box, with the blues being low I was only just expecting the offer to be five figures (replace one of the remaining blues with 1p and it probably would have been).

I was thinking the odds were that at least one of the big 3 would go in the next round:
If it was the £35k - the offer would increase but may not exceed £20k.
If it was the £50k - the offer would increase a little, probably not higher than about £16k.
If it was the £75k - the offer would drop a few grand, £11k was probably the highest it would have been.
If all 3 stayed, the offer would have probably been around £26k. If more than 1 was found, let's just say the next offer may not have been particularly dealable!

So with that in mind, I don't blame Lorraine for dealing. The banker may have claimed he'd have beaten anyone else in the chair, but I think a fair few of them may have dealt at 5-box anyway (and maybe a few would have actually done the same as Lorraine were they in the chair!).

Couldn't have put it better myself. Without the £100k or £250k there, even with 3 of the power 5 there, there wasn't that much upside to gambling unless you hit the 18% chance of not hitting any of the top 3.

jamesfish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Well done Lorraine, something very odd happened today, I was at work on my teabreak, and I was watching the show, yes I saw the confetti coming down whilst it said her name, but also, for at least the first five boxes (because I had to end my break), just before each box was opened, we had someone announcing on the tv what was in each box, and they were spot on the whole time, that's spooky don't you think.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Not the most spectacular of games but well done to Lorraine for spanking the Banker. £13k isn't the biggest win of the season by a fair margin but considering how that game started it was an impressive turn around, and she got out before it turned sour again.

I think a lot of people would have been tempted on by that board, as indeed the mood on the wings suggested, but as Brick summarised she would have needed to keep all three big reds to get a significantly higher offer. In a situation like that you have to decide if it's worth chasing.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

jamesfish wrote:
Well done Lorraine, something very odd happened today, I was at work on my teabreak, and I was watching the show, yes I saw the confetti coming down whilst it said her name, but also, for at least the first five boxes (because I had to end my break), just before each box was opened, we had someone announcing on the tv what was in each box, and they were spot on the whole time, that's spooky don't you think.

Maybe because the person saw the game recorded live?

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine

Mark wrote:
jamesfish wrote:

Maybe because the person saw the game recorded live?

A 7 month long practical joke - even I wouldn't bother doing that.

willrelf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Lorraine
Forum Games Moderator

Mark wrote:
I feel it's a big mistake.

Was very worth another round.
LOL fail.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

[ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]