Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:16 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Mark wrote:
On the Facebook fan page...

The boxes are back, the players are back and the money is back for... a brand new Season of Deal or No Deal starting at 4pm on Monday 15th August!

So it's back TWO WEEKS early...........

I think that's a mistake, as their official website says "Deal or No Deal returns to Channel 4 on Monday 29th August, 4pm." and they also make reference to 20 shows being in the hall of fame (which is 4 weeks' worth).

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:36 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Well the owner of the Facebook group said that due to high demand it's back this Monday.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Oh yes, just saw that. It's the official Facebook group so it must be right.

Facebook DoND page wrote:
due to popular demand Deal or No Deal's new season is back early from it's summer break starting Monday15th August.

"High demand"? There are surely other reasons. :eyes:

mallard2007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

But surely all the shows will be 2 weeks early as they're pre-recorded? We'll be having the Halloween specials in early October and Christmas in early December

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Oh there's now a dedicated topic to this here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22282

Probably easiest to continue discussion about it in that topic. :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
International Forums Moderator

Back on the subject of the game aired again, another eight-box Deal gone right! I didn't expect to see two of those in twenty episodes, let alone ten!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:17 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

It looks like Suzanne's game is going to be the last HoF game shown on Friday as Channel 4 has the show listed in their TV guide as "Banker's Birthday" instead of "HoF." I suppose that is a mistake in their listings, but it wouldn't be that much of a surprise that they would choose that to be the last HoF game.

Of course if they're not going to show the remaining 10 HoF games then they wasted their time getting players back down to Bristol to film their VT's.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

That slip is also completely consistent with the August 15th season opening. We all know Suzanne's game will be last on the HoF, we just figured that'd be on the 26th. There's no other viable HoF games that week, unless they planned on airing Wilf's or Michael's as a means of a "let's all laugh at early Dealers" persuasive exercise...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Well I've really relieved they got Tomas's game in before the early return if these notes are true!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Who will be tomorrow then? I'm thinking it might be Patricia's or maybe a 1p win, Vicki's perhaps?

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

unclekevo wrote:
Who will be tomorrow then? I'm thinking it might be Patricia's or maybe a 1p win, Vicki's perhaps?

I hope it's not Patricia's game; that woman just annoyed me for some reason. (But feel free to disagree).

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I was expecting George's show to pop up in the hall of fame, but his show may have been one of the 10 ones they're now not repeating. It looks likely that Friday's one has been changed at the last-minute to be Suzanne's game, so maybe they're changing tomorrow's one at the last-minute to ensure it's one of the most memorable ones. So it may well be George tomorrow due to his large win.

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I heard a rumour that Barnaby's game was going to be replayed so there's another one to throw in the mix, which they might do to reacquaint us with the current players.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

hogwild94 wrote:
unclekevo wrote:

I hope it's not Patricia's game; that woman just annoyed me for some reason. (But feel free to disagree).

I really liked her, she was a good laugh.

As for George, IDK, I found his game disappointing, maybe because he could have won £100k from the box.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

unclekevo wrote:
As for George, IDK, I found his game disappointing, maybe because he could have won £100k from the box.

I thought that too at first, but now I'm willing to let him off seeing as 60k is still serious dosh, especially for someone as young as him.

Also, the similarities between George's game and 47.5k Mike's game from Nov' '09 are quite shocking when you think about it.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Surely it's going to be Kerry-Anne tomorrow (if it's definitely Suzanne on Friday)?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:40 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Micole possibly?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

James1978 wrote:
Surely it's going to be Kerry-Anne tomorrow (if it's definitely Suzanne on Friday)?

Depends on whether they're willing to show a gamble going wrong. They've shown two eight-box Deals going right this week so I suspect that's enough anti-Wakeyism for a month of HoF, let alone a week!!!

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:47 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

KP wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Depends on whether they're willing to show a gamble going wrong. They've shown two eight-box Deals going right this week so I suspect that's enough anti-Wakeyism for a month of HoF, let alone a week!!!

Let's face it though, that kind of stuff is probably what wets the producers with excitement. Games with tension, gambles and pure "WTF" decisions. They loved Corinne because of her mad gamble, and Kerry-Anne is probably not much different.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Oh they loved it alright, but the only thing they loved about the outcome was saving £240,000. ;)

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]