Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Deal or No Deal Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Please use this thread to discuss the Hall of Fame shows which are being shown during the 2011 summer break. This thread will contain links to the original live show commentaries of the shows which are being repeated, as well as discussion of the repeated shows.

The Hall of Fame shows will run on weekdays at 4pm on Channel 4, from Monday 1st August until Friday 26th August. Season 7 of DoND will kick off at 4pm on Channel 4 on Monday 29th August.

The list below will be updated to include the shows which will be repeated during the Hall of Fame, with links to the original commentaries for the games.

Date repeated --- Show info --- Date originally broadcast --- Link to original commentary thread

01/08/2011 --- Dale --- 26/01/2011 --- http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21280
02/08/2011 --- Vera --- 03/04/2011 --- http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21635
03/08/2011 --- Jonny --- 14/06/2011 --- http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22013
04/08/2011 --- Archie --- 14/03/2011 --- http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21531
05/08/2011 ---

08/08/2011 ---
09/08/2011 ---
10/08/2011 ---
11/08/2011 ---
12/08/2011 ---

15/08/2011 ---
16/08/2011 ---
17/08/2011 ---
18/08/2011 ---
19/08/2011 ---

22/08/2011 ---
23/08/2011 ---
24/08/2011 ---
25/08/2011 ---
26/08/2011 ---

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I hope that the little montage isn't a preview of the shows in the Hall Of Fame because George's game being shown again would seriously depress me.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

unclekevo wrote:
I hope that the little montage isn't a preview of the shows in the Hall Of Fame because George's game being shown again would seriously depress me.

Why? George's game was a great game! Or do you mean Rob's game?

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Yes, Rob's game sorry although George's game wasn't as good as it could have been. Rob's game with his parents crying was just so depressing. :|

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
International Forums Moderator

Wonder how many games will be aired all month that aren't OPWs from the box? I'll start the bidding at 7.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:49 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

Having not seen Rob's game, but read everything about it, I too wouldn't like to see it in the Hall of Fame...

Mark in Rob's commentary wrote:
Such a wimp.

Er... don't you think that, by not coming out of your bubble on this occasion, you're being a bit of a bully there? :? :?

And his board was very dangerous... I'm pretty sure several other people would have taken that £8k too, regardless whether or not they had had learning difficulties, and whether or not they could cope with the whole thing.

And IMHO, the deals of Richard and £1k Michael were worse... ;)

Mark in Rob's commentary wrote:
The biggest banker victory of all time... and the biggest LOSER!

I think you'll find that quite a few - including myself - consider Tolleck to still be the biggest loser... ;)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:55 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

Well, I've just rewatched today's closing montage and the games shown were:

Robbie Williams
Kirsty (from Skye)
75k Ant (though the clip was of £100 Andy dancing)
Tracey (with the mini gamble boxes)
Phoenix dancing (don't know which game that was)
8k Ron dancing (again, don't know where from)
Dale
Dylan
Archie
£250 Stephen
20k Paul
Suzanne
Rob
100k Sam
Charlie
20k Anthony
Barnaby (from today)

Would be good to see some of those again, but some more from before Series 6 would be nice too!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Rob

RMF1254 wrote:
Er... don't you think that, by not coming out of your bubble on this occasion, you're being a bit of a bully there? :? :?

I too also have learning difficulties, but doesn't affect me a lot.

I for one probably think it will be in the Hall Of Fame, but hopefully not.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

hogwild94 wrote:
Would be good to see some of those again, but some more from before Series 6 would be nice too!

As KP said elsewhere though, they can only repeat shows from 2011, as they need to fill an hour long slot. Although there have been a handful of hour-long shows prior to 2011 which could be repeated, especially as they've not been repeated before as they didn't fit in the old 45-minute slots!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

What about Leroy and Derrick? I enjoyed those games a lot.

Fan of classic rock and metal

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I'd like to see:

IJ
Debs
Suzanne
Dale
Sam
Jacky
Anthony
Tomas
Franca
Hilde
Patricia all shown again.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:27 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Dale and Suzanne are a given. Id be surprised if Robs game was shown again given the complexity of the issues yet it was the biggest OBW ever so can't be just glossed over in Dond history.

Not many other games really stick out in the last season. There was one in the Christmas specials but im too lazy to look it up.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

I'm not criticising Rob at all, but that was the WORST game I've ever seen. The excessive crying made it painful to watch. Why this is Hall of Fame material, I really don't know.

Fan of classic rock and metal

DanS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Remember in last years hall of fame -- another uncomfortable game which Noel passed off as "emotional". That was John's game of course with his infamous speech at the end.

I'd guarantee the same excuse would be used but of course the contestants are apparantly presenting their own shows. I rekcon it'll unfortunately be there though. I'm just hoping for games pre-April, as I missed pretty much all of those.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:13 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Personally i'd rather see Sam's game again than Dales, a far more deserving £100k win all round.

It will be a shame if the Hall of Fame shows are limited to the last 7-8 months because one of the aspects of these shows i enjoy is seeing the different Wing Line ups, remembering the line ups from months gone by. I suppose it's too much to hope they might do some 50 minute shows, perhaps pad them out a little with clips from the same era, or even re-arange the schedule a little so it starts later on some days.

Shame too for Endemol's reluctance to revisit shows that are more than 2 years old, I seem to recall that back in 2006 they experimented with one hour weekend shows (Morris was one if memory serves) and then there was that week of Prime-time bonus episodes they did around the same time...

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:21 am    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Surely they haven't increased filming by 15 minutes, surely all games are cut down so they could just add in stuff that was cut out in 45 min games to pad it out to an hour?

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:42 am    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Personally i'd rather see Sam's game again than Dales, a far more deserving £100k win all round.

That's a bit harsh on Dale. :eyes:

Yes, he took an enormous gamble whereas Sam had a fairly easy ride to her £100k, but even so...

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:40 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

unclekevo wrote:
Surely they haven't increased filming by 15 minutes, surely all games are cut down so they could just add in stuff that was cut out in 45 min games to pad it out to an hour?

I don't think they'd mess about with the 45-min games to pad them out to fit the 1-hour slot, especially as they'd also have to edit in an extra advert break.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion
Global Moderator

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:

TBH, they should both be shown if they are going to.

But, IMO, Sam's game felt a bit forced due to some very low offers (IIRC, some called it the easiest 100k win ever). While Dale's just felt so much better, seeing as A) it was against a blue, which is always more dramantic, and B) it followed on from a month of Power 5 squanders, whereas Sam's wasn't that long after another really big win (I won't say which, I think you know).

Would be good to see both again; and George's is very worthy of a repeat too.

RMF1254

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: Noel's Hall of Fame 2011 - discussion

hogwild94 wrote:
But, IMO, Sam's game felt a bit forced due to some very low offers (IIRC, some called it the easiest 100k win ever).

That could be another reason why she lost out to Anthony in June's SOTM. ;)

[ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]