Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

DanS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre

Warnings: 0
A game of great luck bar one round for Andre. Unfortunately, that one round just happened to completely and utterly decimate his game. I did think he would deal, and I had a feeling it would crash if he didn't.

Can't help feel maybe Victoria's game was on his mind a bit?

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre

That was a horrible crash to 5-box, Victoria's game indeed played on his mind, he probably thought £100k would be on the table two games in a row.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre
Global Moderator

killersbee wrote:
he probably thought £100k would be on the table two games in a row.

Oh, I don't know. He may have just felt like going for it.

I must admit, though, I expected him to deal 18.25k.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:49 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre

The Way Andre was knocking out blues in the early rounds that was shaping up to be the antithesis of yesterday's game. with that in mind i really can't blame Andre for pushing his luck as hard as he did, just a shame that when it did go wrong it should crash so spectacularly. He did well to get a four figure sum out of it in the end, though a more pragatic player would have probably cut their losses at 8 box, even without the Banker's added twist

cfd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre

The £16.5k or whatever it ended up being was a deal in my book. Average was about £27k. Ok, he was v unlucky to hit the nightmare round. But I think the only way to get a significant increase was to have the complete opposite happen.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:45 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre

A good board at 8-box but in my mind, although an average round - a blue, an orange and say the £75k, would have been around the same offer or if an increase, not enough for me to gamble.

Though £18,250 was an odd offer but it made sense once the twist was revealed (which didn't seem a bad one - even money gamble on a 62.5% chance).

Very unlucky to hit the 1 in 56 round from hell - the calculated gamble didn't deserve that.

willrelf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre
Forum Games Moderator

I find it funny how Mark makes no comment when a player goes to the end when they should have dealt, but if they deal and should have gone to the end, he makes a big thing of it. :lol:

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:53 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre
Global Moderator

willrelf wrote:
I find it funny how Mark makes no comment when a player goes to the end when they should have dealt, but if they deal and should have gone to the end, he makes a big thing of it. :lol:

I think he is just happy that they were optimistic and went for it. Better to try than just give up. Maybe he can confirm this for us.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre
International Forums Moderator

Fascinating eight-box decision on a board that looked much better than it was, and with only the round he actually had preventing an offer of at least a few grand at five-box - given that, I cannot criticise the No Deal. I think it only became a Deal in my book with the revisions, and I don't like having my decisions made by revisions. Final version of the eight-box offer was EV £18,687.50, the slight uncertainty means I would treat it as an £18,500 offer, and that I would take. £16,500, not so sure.

That was actually a classic example of where I would rather negotiate a better offer than anguish over the initial one!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:59 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Andre

Andre seemed to be one of these competitive sporty players who wouldn't necessarily play to the end regardless but were unlikely to take an early deal (Gary last week was perhaps a similar example). The odds were that at least one high red would go in round 5 but he was perhaps riding on the fact he could still get a decent offer if the top 2 remained - if £35k had been the height of the damage, I think the banker would have had to aim towards mid-twenties based on previous offers. Either way, it was unfortunate for the worst possible round to happen and Andre did seem a bit aloof for the rest of the game, but at least he did walk away with a decent sum at the end.

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]