Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:18 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 11:18 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:21 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 5 with Hayley contains the £1,000

John says that he is very happy with what he has :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

I think the £62k offer would have been a tougher decision in live play than £26k was. Quite a low offer but probably just enough to get most people to deal with a relatively low fallback.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:23 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

Well I really like the way he's taken the £250k in the box. He's very happy with £26k and that's great. Compare that with Donna!

And no he's not an idiot........

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:24 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

I'm sure his wife had words for him when she found out...

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John
Global Moderator

I can't blame John at all for dealing; 26k was brilliant compared to his previous offers. Just unlucky that he had the 250k in his box.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

Ummm... what happened to the swap? Don't they automatically get offered that when £250k is still there?

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:27 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

Yes, Noel just somehow forgot to mention if he would swap.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:32 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

Mark wrote:
Yes, Noel just somehow forgot to mention if he would swap.

Could have been edited out. It's irrelevant because I would be very surprised if he had no-dealt £62k.

hevelius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:33 pm    Author: hevelius    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

:smt024 STILL NO MALE QUARTER MILLIONAIRE!!...i am compelled-the power of Christ compels thee-lol....i am compelled to yet again draw attention to my SPOOOOOOKY story.
i was twice contacted by endemol at halloween time in consecutive yrs,both times told there
was still a chance i would get on the show.a fortune teller i visited inbetween the two yrs predicted a weird coincidence would happen connected to halloween.she told me she was
born on halloween herself-the most superstitious day of the yr!!....now i realise the shows
are filmed many months in advance,and there could already be that first male qm,or indeed,
more than one.however if not SURELY the powers that be would recognise my story at last,
after all the show is based largely on superstitions,etc.well done John,there was no way he
was going to risk the guvnor,i personally would as i'm so strongly driven by the omens i have
been given,my sense of destiny.the power compells me.....garry aka 'hevelius'.DON'T STOP
BELIEVING-HOLD ONTO THAT FEELING.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John
Administrator & Global Moderator

Mark wrote:
At this rate, will we NEVER get a male £250k winner !

Does it really matter if we don't?

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

Not unless you're a female :P

But anyways, John sure as hell wasn't looking to win the jackpot after what happened to Ted yesterday and it did cost him, if he didn't deal at 5-box, I'm sure he would've stopped at 2-box and ignore the rest.

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

A good deal for John. He didn't seem interested in a jackpot win, only in securing enough money so he can do what he wants to do.

He was a good contestant too. A great story behind him, and a player who didn't take himself or the damp ending too seriously. Down to earth and knows what he wants. I can't fault him. Well played, despite the loss.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

I think John made the right decision for him and ultimately that's all that matters. Yes it's a kicker that he had the big one in his box but i think it's fairly clear to most of us that even if he had been a little braver the most he personally would have got out of that game was £62k.

And let's face it it's £25,990 more than Ted got out of his game :-D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:38 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

Yes, as Simon said previously on here, 2nd day in a row with a fascinating elderly player with a great story to tell, and a good monetary result to boot today. The banker wasn't making much of an effort to buy the box in the early stages, but that was a decent offer at 5-box I thought, no complaints at John going there, I'd have probably done the same. It would've taken a gutsy (but not wholy unjustifiable) gamble at 2-box to get the jackpot anyway. Entertaining game to see live, a unique character once again.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John

StatsMan wrote:
Yes, as Simon said previously on here, 2nd day in a row with a fascinating elderly player with a great story to tell, and a good monetary result to boot today. The banker wasn't making much of an effort to buy the box in the early stages, but that was a decent offer at 5-box I thought, no complaints at John going there, I'd have probably done the same. It would've taken a gutsy (but not wholy unjustifiable) gamble at 2-box to get the jackpot anyway. Entertaining game to see live, a unique character once again.

Can you remember if there was a hypo-swap offered?

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 26/06 John
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker made comments on Twitter tonight about the lack of hypo-swap:

Quote:
Ukmartinb: With the £250k in play, why was John not offered the swap, even though it was not live play?
OfficialBanker: He wasn't "not offered" it - it's up to the player to point out exactly what they would have done inc if they would have swapped.
Ukmartinb: I'm sorry Mr Banker, I must have missed him say he wouldn't have swapped. Still, great day in the office for you.
OfficialBanker: No no. You didn't miss it - he never mentioned it. It's up to the player to show us what they would have done. x

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]