Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:01 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 12:01 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel says this is doubly cruel, as Ted didn't want the money for himself.

Banker's offer:

£40

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

Ted says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

Ted wins £5 from his box 10.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

Box 6 with Deb contains £100

Ted says that what will be, will be. Noel says the whole team is grateful for Ted coming on the show.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted
Global Moderator

Aw, that's a shame. Still, he appears to have taken it well, and that's good.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:11 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

If Ted had played yesterday, £100k would've been his for sure

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

Ted was a genuinely entertaining character and it was a shame the game didn't go his way. I've said it before, but it always seems to be that the players I like the most seem to win the least... and the players I don't have an opinion on seem to win substantial sums of money. (There are exceptions to that though of course.)

The only other blind player to date, Andrew, also won a Banker's Power 5 (£10). In the game the next day, the banker memorably offered the player (Richard) some money, along with a blank cheque which he encouraged Richard to give to Andrew. It caused a bit of a stir on here at the time! As it turned out, it wouldn't be the last time that the banker tried to guilt-trip a player into dealing an offer that contained money for a previous blue-winner...

(EDIT: Forgot about Eric, so Andrew wasn't the only other one.)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:31 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted
Global Moderator

h2005 wrote:
The only other blind player to date, Andrew, also won a Banker's Power 5 (£10).

Wasn't there a blind chap called Eric on the show once? ;)

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

Oops, he slipped my mind. I think he did rather well too, winning about £27,000.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted
International Forums Moderator

£10 is not a Banker's Power 5 either! :)

Scant consolation for him of course - but both him and Ted had genuinely dealable offers, turned them down, and crashed. Both came a few weeks after £250k wins, too...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:40 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

There was another blind player in June last year - Rosie, I think - who won £500.

A shame to hear Ted went away with a blue. £8k was worth considering but think I'd have gone on there too.

bobbyt9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm    Author: bobbyt9    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

so typical, a nice guy, not greedy, but wins nowt, although did enjoy his dream

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:01 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

Quite an emotional game in the studio that one - by the end, I don't think there was a dry eye in the house following such an inspirational story and the terrible luck that dogged his game.

A game I feel privileged to have seen first hand, there was some great banter between Ted and the banker (or 'Bob' as he was known!), especially during the first phonecall which was edited down quite a bit, where Ted was drawing comparisons between him and the banker; both Ladies Men, fans of money, go to bingo(?), enjoy the odd tipple (or was it nipple?) :P He basically had him sussed completely from the off! :lol:

It's a real shame the boxes didn't go his way, I was gutted for him, but he was perfectly happy with his lot, such a positive outlook, and charmed the whole room with his cheeky one-liners and flirtatious behaviour! :P Great entertainment and one of my favourites to have seen there despite the unfortunate outcome.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:52 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

And the curse of the altruistic player strikes again :cry: So much for Sam breaking that particular curse

Ted was undoubtedly one of those memorable players who can't help but steal the show, and you could see how much he was loved on the wings (especially by the ladies ;) ) but the luck sadly wasn't with him on the day. £8k was probably worth considering, especially seeing the way his luck was going but i fully understand why Ted went on.

Isla wasn't much cop though, seemed utterly disinterested by the whole thing :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

One real decision in the game and then the 10.7% nightmare round followed. Enjoyable game otherwise in terms of the player and the banter .

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 am    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

I was amazed how stoically he took the whole thing. But then considering what he's gone through in life this experience must have been somewhat of a damb squib. Selfish, arrogant and generally unpleasant players should take a leaf out of his book. The link in my sig below is a case in point! Watch it through and compare to the honour with which Ted played. As someone said, if only he had the box in yesterdays game. Then it would have rivalled Dales in terms of emotions.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 24/06 Ted

There's an article with Ted in the Birmingham Mail - http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top- ... -29071065/

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]