Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 12:37 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Warnings: 0
PJ finish and I wouldn't be surprised if we get the Banker's gamble here.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

The jackpot goes at the last minute but he could still lose

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie
International Forums Moderator

Better than it looks, but not enough: like cfd, I am thinking mid-twenties before I am anguishing.

As Simon points out, the offer is where the 30% chance of a £75k-high finish would be, so fitting my approach to these boards. I just don't think I could not chase this though.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie
Administrator & Global Moderator

The banker says this month is really putting the pressure on his nerves!

Banker's offer:

BANKER'S GAMBLE

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Woah! The Banker's gamble is back...should've known that was coming with the time left on the clock

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

So far this season, the bankers gamble has not been accepted.

Hopefully today that will change.

His target is still reachable... the banker's given him a MASSIVE lifeline.

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

50/50 to win £75k. better than any quid scratchcard you could buy. Still what does £20k buy him at 80, few nice hols so does he really need £75k?!

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

I don't think he should take the gamble here. I doubt I would.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Beryl-Anne asks what Charlie's wife would think here, and he wonders what would happen if he finished with 1p! G asks if Charlie's a gambler, and he says only to a certain extent.

Charlie says

NO DEAL

He keeps the £20,000.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

He declines it...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Forget the backing. Forget the drama. Forget how you got here. This is one question. Is £75,000 twice as good as £20,000?

I think it just about is for me. Goodness would I rather have still been in play with a £25k offer though.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

OH DEAR...

Should have been thinking my target still could be reached a lot more...

He had his change, but blew it BIG TIME.....

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

It's a victory to the banker on this one...after what was looking like a powerful game

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Noel says that would've been such a big gamble.

Charlie has £75,000 in his box 9.

Box 21 with Charlotte contains the 1p

Charlie says he's quite happy with what he got. Noel reveals that Charlie wrote "Diamond wedding £25,000" in the book. Charlie says he didn't go at the £25k offer as the board was so strong.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:57 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Excellent - he reached his target but realised that the offer wasn't good enough for the board.

Then the £20k was near enough for what he wanted that he wasn't going to risk it at the end.

Ignoring what was in the box, his logic was spot on today.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Good to see he wasn't a rigid targetist, and if his aim was £25k then £20k is most of the way there. Keeping even one more red at five-box would have done it, of course, but that was good play.

cfd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Assuming I'd have been offered £20k I'd have taken it. On that basis the bankers gamble is a no deal for me. But only just!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie
Global Moderator

Looks like the Banker's Gamble isn't gone for good then!

Well, that was well played by Charlie though, a nice chap who will clearly enjoy the money!

Also, the newbie's name is Micole, not Nicole.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

JS Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Well well well, he had the 75k, what a surprise ... not!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:44 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Charlie

Can't say i fault Charlie's reasoning there, that 8 box board was definately worth playing on, regardless of whether or not he'd reached his target, but the 5 box board was far more precarious. Personally i'd have been hoping to keep three of the power five in play in order to warrant playing on. I don't know if i would have wanted to take the BG with the 1p still in play either (and what's the betting if Charlie had said Deal the Banker would have immediately phoned again to offer the swap?)

In gameplay terms he technically went either too early or too late, but I think he played the odds in a sensible way

Bit surprised his target was £25k though, i had him down as a £20k man

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]