Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:30 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 10:30 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 6 - Proveout - 2nd box

21 - £10 Roy

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Banker's offer would've been:

£16,000

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

KP wrote:
She was indecisive enough that she had to take it. I wouldn't have shown that kind of weakness.

Didn't help that the fiance talked her into dealing... :? :x

I HATE it when that happens! :x

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Round 6 - Proveout round - Final box

16 - £1 Al

Banker time with £15,000 and £50,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Banker's offer would've been:

£30,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Noel opens Sarah's box 4 and reveals £15,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Box 3 with Rob contains the £50,000

The Banker calls and thanks Sarah for saving him some cash, he then sends back out Sarah's dog with a red rose :D

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

OH DEAR... OH DEAR... :( :( :(

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah
International Forums Moderator

Wretched proveout, simple as that... one at a time would have hurt more than it helped as it turned out!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

The fiance had far too much influence in that decision.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Tom really RUINED that game for her. He MADE her deal £7k even with the one box at a time! :x

Fan of classic rock and metal

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Agrred that Tom had way too much influence at the end

When he started picking her boxes as well I thought 'Has it been edited out that Tom has been allowed to play this game as well'

Wondered what was happening to that game today as it just felt so weird in every sense

Anyway well done on £7,000, Sarah

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

RMF1254

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:07 pm    Author: RMF1254    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

As I said, this is a game that promised rather more than it delivered... and it turned out to be no better than Andrea's in the end... :( :( :(

And I'm sorry to say this, but IMHO Sarah's fiance is up there with the likes of Leila's mum among the worst deal-influencers.

Two amounts considerably greater than that £7k, only one box to open before the next offer - and he's like, "Oh I know the next box will be £50k!"

:x :x :x

And also, "Oh we're on borrowed time now and we can't keep playing!"

We?! It was her game for heaven's sake!!!! :x :x :x

Am I allowed to call him an idiot on here? :eyes:

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah
International Forums Moderator

I'd have him as rather worse to be honest. But if you don't understand the maths, you will be led by whoever offers the more forceful opinion. Mathematicians don't get easily swayed by anyone, be it pilgrims, partners, The Banker, Noel, those on the wings, or anyone else. Other players are vulnerable to making decisions that are not their own, in either direction.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah
Forum Games Moderator

Wise words from the finacé. :)

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Another poor deal that leads to a horrible proveout, but this time with a relative involved!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:09 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah
Global Moderator

I liked Sarah, but she should at least have gone on one more box. At least she seemed satisfied with what she had, and that can only be a good thing.

To be fair, when the Banker put the time limit on, she appeared to panic and try to rush a decision.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

Watched the last part. Didn't think much of the boyfriend, he seemed convinced Sarah was going to take out the £50k next box, then when she opened another box and it wasn't the £50k, I think I heard him say, "I knew it!" :smt011

That said, had Sarah been on her own, she was dithering enough on the £7k she may well have ended up taking it anyway. And with one to open, I'd have been surprised if she hadn't dealt the £10k.

Despite all that, Sarah did seem happy with what she did win, even when the proveout didn't go her way - it was clear she'd have been much more gutted winning a blue than dealing too soon. Had to laugh when she cheered when the £15k was revealed!

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

I think the epitaph to this game is that she wasn't a gambler and her modest target of £7k ticked all the boxes. I thought the one box offer at the end was pretty much a no brainer and as it turned out in the proveout this was excruciating or delicious depending on whose side you play on. We didn't get the hypo swap but I guess it wasn't really necessary as the OBW was there regardless. She yelled with delight with the reveal of the £15k in her box which I think is 'nuff said.

bf was a bit of a fox though even if lacking a few brain cells :laughing

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/04 Sarah

I liked Sarah i think she really made an impression on the wings, and i get the feeling that she was much liked by her fellow players but...that wasn't the smartest deal, especially not with one box to open. It was probably a mix of nerves as well as the BF that led to Sarah dealing and he did get a little too involved in the game for my tastes, but them again considering what she/they wanted the money for i suppose that's understandable

To be honest although i say i would have gone on i probably would have quit at three box given the same circumstances so i wouldn't have been that much better off.

Did enjoy the comic asides with the cuddly toy (was it a dog? Or a Polar Bear?) and i suspect if Sarah had had a stronger board his continued wellbeing would have been much more of an issue

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]