Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

Warnings: 0
:biggrin So he's done well anyway.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:56 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

Whew! Close shave there but thankfully the proveout wasn't TOO painful :)

Positive start to the week, that's the important part!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

Would be fascinating to see what deal-eye says at 8-box today. Was probably worth the gamble if you look at the EV of the 5-box offer as only the 1 in 56 chance of the all red round or the 5 in 56 chances of the £250k/£50k/blue or £250k/£35k blue rounds would signficantly reduce the offer but today was a classic case of the player not being able to risk the money offered. It wasn't a great offer but it also wasn't a clearly bad offer (like the £3k at 5-box yesterday)

paulyc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

So glad we avoided the 3.10 offer in live play. That would have been sickening for them. Naughty banker. :twisted:

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:14 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

It wasn't a smart deal, I was gonna say that one more round and he defiantly would've stopped

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:21 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

I'd have gone one more round. And I could see that £3.10 offer coming! :lol:

Fan of classic rock and metal

KP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy
International Forums Moderator

A player with a clear story to tell gets a solid five-figure win from selling a blue - the sort of game that forms the bedrock of how post-bubble DoND arguably should be. That it would have been a none-too-difficult £26k OPW for me is irrelevant.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:48 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

killersbee wrote:
It wasn't a smart deal, I was gonna say that one more round and he defiantly would've stopped

It wasn't a smart deal for the board but you can't put a statistical spin on something as emotional as what he wanted the money for. Yes, the chances of it going horrible wrong were just less than 20% (11 in 56) but if Noel (or the producers in his ears) keep dragging up bad luck games (for whatever reason), you can't blame him for dealing.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:34 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

Simon F wrote:
Would be fascinating to see what deal-eye says at 8-box today. Was probably worth the gamble if you look at the EV of the 5-box offer as only the 1 in 56 chance of the all red round or the 5 in 56 chances of the £250k/£50k/blue or £250k/£35k blue rounds would signficantly reduce the offer but today was a classic case of the player not being able to risk the money offered. It wasn't a great offer but it also wasn't a clearly bad offer (like the £3k at 5-box yesterday)

Yes, Deal Eye will be updated later in the week when I have more time! As you say not a great offer, but factoring in the instability, not completely unwise either. I'm interested to see Helens game after her intriguing story was unfortunately cut short today...!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:16 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/03 Andy

Definately a game with a lot of emotional weight and i don't think many of us here would begrudge Andy a slightly cautious 8 box deal given his personal circumstances.

Yes, most of us would have gone on one more round (and a few probably further than that) but it really doesn't matter, sometimes Deal is about more than chasing the big money. And this was one of those times.

I found Andy's opening chat, and the way he talked about his daughter throughout the game incredibly moving. I wish him and his family the best.

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]