Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:53 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Warnings: 0
Cracking game. Have to admit that £30k might just have got me to gamble today but thank goodness it was too much for her to risk.

Shows like today show that the governor in later stages is never going to get under £20k when you have 5-box boards as strong as that.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:30 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Have to admit I loved that slo mo 1p moment kiss the banker used against Noel :lol:

Good game yesterday and a banker spanking to put the cherry on the cake for this weekends game :)

Have to say I did have fears that Franca would spend most of the time in her game messing about but was glad to be proved wrong

Enjoy the 30k Franca and boy did we need that game after the absolute dullness of Dom's game

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbaguy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:46 pm    Author: yabbaguy    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

Ack, I would've gone away with just the one quid. That dream finish was lurking, and having 20K and a power red would've been astounding if she had actually drawn a whopper at the beginning. She made the statistically poorer move in my opinion, even if the Banker was going to uphold the threat and give her no choice on the final two, with a 30% chance of having a red-red 2-box.

And Franca nailed the inexplicable 10%. Astounding. Although there is no such thing as a good system, only a lucky system, I'm pleased it was the latter today. Absolutely adored her, and she deserves the £30,000. Fantastic, well done, and pleased that the great boxes came to the great contestant.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:06 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 04/03 Franca

The danger in using statistics and EV at 5-box with the £250k in play is that it is normally going to make the EV better than the offer (unless the banker is very generous) and once the amounts above the governor, it makes you very weary of crashing (especially if you have 2 low amounts left).

It's the kind of board where I'd be asking for the banker to make a minimum guarantee for keeping the £250k in play.

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]