Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:09 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 7:09 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£880

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy
Administrator & Global Moderator

Amy's box 2 contains 50p

Box 4 with Dom contains the £5,000

Noel says this has been a banker spanking, and Amy says the money will really help her family out.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Darn, I missed today's show. I was busy playing a big Rock Band 3 online session.
£17,444 was a good offer. With that 30 second limit I'd have said "DEAL!" The £250K was VERY exposed.

Fan of classic rock and metal

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:31 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

That was a close one, but it's an OPW to start my half term! Lovely! :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Great start to the week! :D

Loved the time limit twist, but for what it's worth, even without using hindsight Amy did seem like she was trying to get more than £14,444 as she was going to deal anyway...so well done to her!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

A great game to start the week. I do think that the banker forcing players to make decisions in a small amount of time is something that could cause problems in the future. Luckily, today she was going to deal anyway but I don't think they need to start forcing the player to make decisions (although we don't know from the edit how long she had taken to make the decision beforehand)

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:56 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Switched on about halfway through the game with a good sense of the game. It was all about respectability. She is respectable, the offer was extremely respectable, the back story was respectable and the board was also respectable. I wasn't surprised she didn't deal at 15k with the two big ones on the board. Noel claims its one of the most amazing games of this year and certainly her reactions(without any hint of being disappointed), even after the all red round kept the game on a high.

Her play was reasonably sensible. I can forgive a bit of crossed fingers, but no more squeezy squeezy please! The loss of the 100k was significant - almost like being punched in the gut during a boxing matching.

Getting to the penultimate offer with the 250k in play seemed to me like she would get a 'stick' offer which was close enough to the 14,444. The 250k plays such an important pyschological trick on the mind to the gamblers but I was sure that she would deal especially after the uplift. I thought the idea of the time limit was good and it at least focussed her mind.

As to the proveout, I was glad that she revealed it. Such a classic game and reminds of the completely random element of the picks.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy
International Forums Moderator

My concern with the twist is that those who aren't sure and let the clock lapse will be all but obliged to play on, with all the danger that implies. Thankfully, an OPW today, but I worry that this twist will come back with less fortune attached.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Skyline wrote:
Banker's Gamble?

Yeah, I'd take a banker's gamble on £5,000/50p having dealt £17,444. :laughing :laughing

(Sorry, I know you really meant it could have been on £250k/50p if she'd taken out the £5k instead, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that!!)

Just watched this on 4OD - really enjoyed it, great contestant and just what we needed after a horrible Love Week. Good to see what last week's newbies look like normally too!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy
Forum Games Moderator

Well I'd take that banker's gamble on 50/£5,000 in an instant! It feels better to go all the way. ;)

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

I wonder that without an official clock being shown onscreen in the dream factory, whether a 30-second time limit for decisions could be enforced within the rules of the game. Personally, there's no need to do it unless there is an increased offer at stake.

JS Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 pm    Author: JS Boy    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

well done banker/producers on giving us a much needed "feel good" win.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:51 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Simon F wrote:
I wonder that without an official clock being shown onscreen in the dream factory, whether a 30-second time limit for decisions could be enforced within the rules of the game. Personally, there's no need to do it unless there is an increased offer at stake.

We don't need another Big Bad Clock!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Loved that game, Amy's been a delight on the wings and I loved the way she played her game. She had me convinced she was going all the way and any Banker who can persuade the Banker to up his offer when they've already decided to deal has to be applauded.

With regards to the time limit on the offer i just took that as more of the Banker's mind games, I seriously doubt it's going to become the norm. Even Noel didn't seem that sure on exactly when the 30 seconds would be up.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:51 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 21/02 Amy

Great game, Amy played that pretty shrewdly and £3k was a hefty increase in the circumstances. With that board, I had flashbacks of a pretty nightmarish game I had seen live back in 2008 with contestant Jo having near identical board and (in the end) virtually identical offer of £17,500 I think! - difference being she no-dealt and won just £500... :(

Anyway, I felt she truly deserved to get the OPW today, well played Amy!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]