Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:27 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:27 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
50:50? Is it a four-box round next or can the Banker not add up?

With high blues and low reds to fall back on, I would play on here.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:31 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel says he's surprised that the offer's that high after stripping out so many reds. The others offer some advice, and Andy says that even if she went home with £5, she'd quickly get over it! The banker rings back and asks if Andy remembers games where the banker decreases the offer due to a comment.

NEW OFFER:

Banker's offer:

£10,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Zowie says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Noel calls a break.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Eight-box break permanent then? Eh?

This is going to be a long, long Act IV, well over 20 minutes. At least a six-box adbreak would have been slightly more evenly timed!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:36 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

£8,000 was rubbish and £10,000 is still rubbish. 3 ad breaks in 38 minutes? :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

norwichdonder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 pm    Author: norwichdonder    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

h2005 wrote:
Zowie says

NO DEAL

I really thought that upping the offer to 10k was going to get her out. I hope she made the right decision as she only has to take out the 250k to be forced to the bitter end. :| She seems a really nice girl too and her hubby is keeping tight lipped. Good thing Andy didn't put his foot in it by spilling some tactics.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

£10k wasn't rubbish given the exposed jackpot. Although the oranges would push me on still, it would not take much more.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

KP wrote:
50:50? Is it a four-box round next or can the Banker not add up?

With high blues and low reds to fall back on, I would play on here.

Actually he may have said "almost 50:50", if I'm being precise!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:40 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

We're back

Round 5

2 - Phoenix - £750

20 - Derrick - £15,000

4 - Beryl - £1,000

Banker time

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Might need that one to be checked on +1 later, although I will still not be in...

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

The banker can see a vision of Zowie in the future, and she's taken a sensible deal at 5-box and got a good sum of money, and she has 3 children named Hulk, Ugly Idiot Monkey Pants and Baron Von Stupid Baby. :lol:

Banker's offer:

£18,000

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

I'd want bonus offers or a two-box guarantee here, because without them, this is marginal, and on a 65-minute episode I could half-expect them if I asked...

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Noel says his dodgy memory tells him that the banker's gone lower than this on boards like this before. Zowie's boyfriend says he knows what her answer will be and doesn't want to sway her either way, but it's a huge sum of money to gamble. Zowie wonders whether her nerves can take it and Noel wonders whether his can!

The banker rings back and says he needs to work with Zowie's boyfriend on her! He speaks to the banker and says he has a lot in common with him. Noel says it's a first for friends and family to side with the banker!

NEW OFFER:

Banker's offer:

£20,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

The banker rings back again and speaks to Zowie's boyfriend. He tells the banker he's petrified she'll go for it, so there's another new offer.

Banker's offer:

£22,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Adam tells Zowie that he doesn't want to see her in tears. Andy says Zowie could spank the banker now if she deals. Noel gets the values removed from the board so Zowie can't see them while she's deciding.

The banker rings back and asks Zowie's boyfriend if she's going for it, and he says she doesn't know.

So there's another new offer.

Banker's offer:

£24,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Zowie says

DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Now, will that be more or less effective than just a flat £20k offer right away?

I'd take this now I think.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Oh by the time I posted that it went up another four grand. Now that I would have taken.

Good play, deserves an OPW in my book...

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 25/01 Zowie

Round 6 - proveout

22 - newbie Vicki - £3,000

"NOOO NOOO" says Noel.

21 - Adam - £5

7 - Dolly - £250,000

Banker time with £500 and £5,000 remaining...

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]