Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Warnings: 0
There wasn't a shadow of doubt in my mind once the final 2 boxes were left that the BG would be offered but the purist in me is happier with the fact that she got an OPW out of the game rather than a contrived £100k win.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials
International Forums Moderator

TPW with the hypo offer, but yes, it was at least a straight ending... Hypo swap aside!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

KP wrote:
TPW with the hypo offer, but yes, it was at least a straight ending... Hypo swap aside!

Yep meant TPW - and the £25k was realistic (just)

trustno1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 pm    Author: trustno1    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

KP wrote:
Oh and now we get the convenient hypo-swap when the big money is on the wings. That sets up tomorrow's intro as "Debbie should have followed her heart, and so should you", and sets up my intention to do something better with my life tomorrow afternoon.

Only one problem with that - the next show is not tomorrow, but Sunday.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:47 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Wrong. It is on tomorrow. Only because of what day it is tomorrow.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:36 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Well I didn't know about this, which kept it intiguing with the BG - although a generous gamble, I don't think I'm too keen on 100k wins being created in this way - it would just have seemed a bit 'easy' compared to others, although similar to Lauren from 2008. Bit of a strange game, but justifiable deal even if it wasn't her true inclination.

Anyway, Merry Xmas everyone!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:08 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Same to you! :D

An hour-long edition today guys! Get used to it! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:10 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Big-Davey wrote:
Same to you! :D

An hour-long edition today guys! Get used to it! :P

Will be interesting to see how they edit regular games to the one hour slot.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials
International Forums Moderator

Hope: More banter. Fear: The ADP gets revised permanently to 5-box. Expectation: Both.

(Really, I still prefer straddling hour-long episodes as per the US show, to remove the "SPOILER! Oh." pacing issue.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:42 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 24/12 Debbie - Scrooge or Santa - Christmas Specials

Bit unlucky at the end there, but i don't blame Debbie for dealing when she did, one box at a time is fine if you've got more than one decent box in play, with a board like Debbie's it takes nerves of steel - as does accepting the Banker's Gamble

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]