Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Warnings: 0
Should have just been a bit more brave and it would have been a great start. At least a red win. Also that's that she had yesterday, £50k.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Once again, another power five thrown away... :(

davethedavedave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm    Author: davethedavedave    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

playing after she dealt would have been more gambling than anything and she dealt at the right moment. I would be very pleased with that result of that game.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:05 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

For me, I will never let The Banker walk all over me...I would've got £50,000 today, cause it ain't over until the last red is gone

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:21 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

h2005 wrote:
Noel says Debs has a big hole down there now, but he says we mustn't forget the Tree Spirit. Noel says in the last 2 years of these Halloween specials, no-one has ever found the Trick!

I'm sure that 2009's Hassan, Lillian and David will remember things slightly differently...

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:50 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

MisterAl wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Noel says Debs has a big hole down there now, but he says we mustn't forget the Tree Spirit. Noel says in the last 2 years of these Halloween specials, no-one has ever found the Trick!

I'm sure that 2009's Hassan, Lillian and David will remember things slightly differently...

Especially as he picked David for the Hall Of Fame shows this summer.........

A nice pleasant game to start with. Think Debs played it totally the right way for her, and didn't allow herself to be guilt-tripped, she knew what she wanted and was happy with it. In all truth, I'd have done the same as I thought there wasn't masses to be gained unless you were going to potentially take an all-or-peanuts gamble. Only hardended Wakeyists would have got more than the £24k today.

I just wish Noel would stop pretending that all the first four offers of £GO_STRAIGHT_TO_FIVE_BOX were any good though! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Good thing about Halloween shows on 4OD is that you can flick through the first 2 parts without missing much.

Sensible decision at 4-box, EV of 3 box offer probably wouldn't have been much more than £17,500 (£27k, £24k and I doubt the total of the offers if she took out one of the big 2 reds would have been more than £19k) and even going on the 2-box offers, the EV wouldn't have been much more than £17,500.

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

killersbee wrote:
For me, I will never let The Banker walk all over me...I would've got £50,000 today, cause it ain't over until the last red is gone

Yet you claimed you'd have dealt £15k in Steve's game and £36.5k in Marshall's game, both of which still had large reds in play at the time...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Third day in a row a P5 box has come to the table. Think Debs was right to deal when she did on this occassion, there was an argument for opening one more box but it was a 50/50 gamble and if she'd hit one of the top two the offer would have gone down so a sensible point to deal a respectable offer.

Another very impressive turn by the make-up, costume and set design teams though it might be nice if at least one or two of the contestants were still recognisable :? No doubt next Monday there will be huge cries of 'oh so that's what (s)he lookes like"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:56 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Absolutely, having been to these specials (from Thursday), it was quite interesting to see what the players looked like normally last week! Most of the name badges were obscured and players blended in with the background, but it was great to see in person!

Didn't know what would happen today, but not a bad result for both sides - a sensible deal with the EV of the next offer not being worth the risk, but yet again 50k at the table...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

sonicrules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:50 pm    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Was great to see someone from so close to my home (I'm from the next town to Horbury, my Dad grew up in Horbury too, turns out from a description he knows of her), I loved the set, yes the gameplay's the same but there's always a great deal of effort put into the set, quite a few would have opened one more box there, more in her favour than not, she could still have opened a big red and had one in her box after all!

Jess is still beautiful even in costume lol looking forward to Hetty's game, and of course Jess, surely it's marcel's game today?

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:50 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 25/10 Debs - Trick or Treat Week

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
Third day in a row a P5 box has come to the table. Think Debs was right to deal when she did on this occassion, there was an argument for opening one more box but it was a 50/50 gamble and if she'd hit one of the top two the offer would have gone down so a sensible point to deal a respectable offer.

Another very impressive turn by the make-up, costume and set design teams though it might be nice if at least one or two of the contestants were still recognisable :? No doubt next Monday there will be huge cries of 'oh so that's what (s)he lookes like"

There were a couple you could still recognise - Pat, Hetty, Jaron and Maryanne certainly you could still recognise - they weren't wearing any facial make up.

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]