Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
The banker says Annie's openness has got her this offer.

Banker's offer:

£14,000

Well that's pretty p*** poor for an OK round!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Round 6 (proveout)

Noel wonders if Annie should've been an 'OHO'.

11 - Pat - £100,000

Annie says the £100k was the figure in the dream.

21 - Savy - £100

10 - Fadi - 50p

Banker time with £1 and £75,000 remaining

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

Banker's offer would've been:

£24,000

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

Annie has £75,000 in her box 3.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

Box 6 with Paul contains the £1

Noel says Annie threw away her chance to win a massive sum, but Annie says she's going away very happy.

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:57 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

h2005 wrote:
Box 6 with Paul contains the £1

Noel says Annie threw away her chance to win a massive sum, but Annie says she's going away very happy.

Oh stop gloating Noel! People are entitled to say, 'deal' if that's what suits them!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie
International Forums Moderator

After yesterday's extraordinary game, not to mention the extraordinary coincidence, it's time for Annie to try and shoot down the Banker. Assuming he's got up from yesterday. How will he play this? How will she play this?

Very promising opening to the game, both the first four boxes and the acceptance that you can't change the odds with a box syste. Bad luck on the last one, but it's still a decent round; offer is not exceptional either way.

Ohhhh, the Wakey Box has the jackpot of all boxes. No, £5,000 is not really good for that board. It's not half bad, but it's not really good.

Again, one hit in the third round, and we're down to two key boxes, although there are two mid-red backups which could be distinctly valuable. Six grand isn't going to take her out.

Well, there goes The Rock, but two blues preceded it. Annie wants singing lessons; she should be able to get a decent teacher for £25 an hour, so if she takes the £9,500, she can set about a grand of that aside for a year's worth of lessons, a hour a week, and still have eight grand and change to use for other things. The £15,000 makes the difference for me here; Annie talks about a dream of winning one of the big reds from the box, and to my utter delight, Noel gives balanced, neutral advice. More of that please!

I expected her to Deal, given that; I can't remember the last time someone said No Deal after the commentary specifically noted neutral advice from Noel.

Did she want a holiday in Florida? That'd be a couple of grand tops, and she'd still have plenty of change for the singing lessons. There was certainly a case for her to stop there, but if she played on after neutral advice, she clearly meant it. Oh look: "Noel says no-one can doubt the sincerity of Annie's decision". Has the bearded wonder actually recognised that he has goaded people into insincere decisions in the past? Well, if Rooney can go to Eastlands...

The decision pays off! Apparently her openness has got her this offer. She should probably have stayed closed if that's all she's getting on the Lance final five. I'd play on in a heartbeat; she doesn't. Maybe we can doubt the sincerity of her previous decision now; we can certainly doubt her board-reading skills. Having said that, the disaster scenario is vividly visible from that point, in a way it wasn't at eight-box.

Noel responds with the spin, and hilariously gets silenced by the amount Annie dreamed of being revealed immediately. Now that's just funny. Two blues follow, and yet again we have a situation where the choice for the banker-producer is between a Banker's Gamble or a lie. Yet again, he chooses the lie, and I'm almost glad £75,000 is on the table simply because it makes that lie irrelevant. Yes, it would have gone up; no, it would never have been north of twenty grand. Annie takes the character assassination in her stride - good for her. And if you're reading this, Annie - good luck finding a singing teacher, and I suggest you try out at least a couple before you commit to one.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

So much for what was gonna be the turnaround of the Season :roll:

matt26

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

killersbee wrote:
So much for what was gonna be the turnaround of the Season :roll:

It was hardly a terrible game. Sure, she missed out on an extra 10k (who'd turn down 24k on that finish?), but look on the bright side: it wasn't a blue win.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

It wasn't, but now we know that it wouldn't have been anyway, unless she swapped

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

I think the Banker was wrong - £101K Graeme beat him by £96,000 - Alex by...*duh-de-duh-de-duh*...£87,999.99. See? It ain't just Noel who makes the mistakes!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie
International Forums Moderator

In percentage terms there's no contest. In raw terms, the record-holder is and always will be Jennifer from episode 17 (!!) who sold a £750 box for £120,000. The Banker hadn't yet grasped the idea that players will take far less than the mean on that sort of finish, you see - she only got that far after accidentally turning down £52,000 (!!) on 10p/£500/£750/£100k/£250k, which would draw an offer of half that today - in fact I think someone did take Old Faithful on the same board with different blues once! (Cellist David, I believe!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

I wonder if someone in the graphics department accidentally deleted the BG graphic - yet another scenario that it could have been used but wasn't. No way would it have been £24k in proveout but £14k was probably the right decision for her.

Bryan's game when it comes ought to be another classic at this rate.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 19/10 Annie

Alex was always going to be a tough act to follow, but Annie did okay. Not a great game but a decent (5 figure) result, just as well she hit the £100k in proveout though of the Banker would have really been crowing

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]