Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:23 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:23 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker's offer would've been:

£1,500

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

Noel opens box 11 and reveals £10

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

Newbie Therese with box 8 contains the £5,000

The Banker calls back and says that he withdrew the money before Howie opened his box, so he doesn't get anything, but he asks the pilgrims if they think he should get the £300, and they all say he should, but the Banker says tough luck!!

DanS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:59 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

£20,000? Am I the only one who thinks that is inflated?

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

I was thinking of £17,500 at 8-box...not quite a good start to the week

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

Well I really didn't expect a poker player to fold so early, that had the possibility of going seriously wrong if the £250k had stuck around with the banker in that mood. I did laugh at all the banker offering to give money the £250k-opener though! And I really don't think the 8-box offer would have gone up at all with the £100k going but that's another story.......

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy
International Forums Moderator

Well if you're going to play safe, do it properly. He had the courage to ignore the ADP convention, and arguably only an inflated proveout offer denied him the OPW - a stick would have been a quick Deal on that board for me, let alone twenty grand!!

The collapse came a little too late for a classic Noel-defying spanking, but a satisfying result nonetheless.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

Did anyone else find it slightly ironic Noel saying yet again that 'third round deals rarely work out' given that yesterday Letty's highest offer came at the same point in the game :ponder:

Not a bad game, a sensible deal, though not one i was expecting given Andy's attitude, he came across as much more of a gambler.

And the Banker offering money to the player who revealed the £250,000 added a little extra spice to proceedings. Didn't expect him to renege on his promise at the end though - naughty Banker :lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:06 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

Don't get me started on Noel's 3rd offer deal propaganda. A sensible deal and not too costly in the end.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

KP wrote:
Well if you're going to play safe, do it properly. He had the courage to ignore the ADP convention, and arguably only an inflated proveout offer denied him the OPW - a stick would have been a quick Deal on that board for me, let alone twenty grand!!

The collapse came a little too late for a classic Noel-defying spanking, but a satisfying result nonetheless.

I couldn't agree more, my EV calculator actually shows a small drop to the 8-box offer, which given the previous offer would've translated to a stick in reality (11-box came up as £13k)! I wanted to berate him on twitter, but thought better of it! :P

Anyway, interesting game, and credit to Andy for sticking to his guns. On another note, I wish Noel would stop spouting all this misinformation about 11-box dealers - they are nearly as successful as 8-box dealers, for goodness sake! :shock:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 am    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 13/09 Andy

I thought it was a sensible deal and one I would have probably just about taken myself.

The 8-box offer was an outright lie. The average had hardly changed but the stability had got much worse. I think a stick would have been reasonable but definitely not £20,000.

Noel annoyed me. He dealt at the 3rd offer. Get over it. Stop trying to spin it into a mistake. £14,000 is a lot of money for some people. We aren't all on multi-million pound contracts.

Oh, and the fact that he was a poker player makes it more likely to find an early deal. We know our odds and the value of money.

Final point to the banker. Tight aggressive is not the best way to play poker. LAG all the way!!

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]