Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:18 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:18 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Dennis

Warnings: 0
And one more one post commentary before I actually start getting some work done. Don't expect this one to be as fun as Mini's game but let's have a look.

£250,000 gone in round one. Not good obviously. £WHY_DO_I_EVEN_BOTHER is the offer and on we go to round 2, which is ok. £20,000 is a slight hit but we've left the higher reds there.

And the banker actually makes a half decent offer. Mean is ~£20k so ~£9k is not bad. Board is quite stable so this comes down to your financial situation. Unless you've got a higher red in your box there's probably not a massive amount more to be won from this game (unless you're gonna gamble all the way). I'd be just about no dealing this.

Which the player obviously has.

An excellent round 3 leaves us a strong 11-box board. The average is now ~£25k and the offer is ~£15k. And I think i'm just about dealing this. It's a decent percentage of the mean. My main concern here though is that without the £250,000 it's going to be difficult to get the mean of the board up. But it's very easy to bring it down.

And the player deals the 3rd offer!! Excellent!

Mark of course says this is a huge mistake. I recall a similar comment on Dan's 3rd offer deal last year. We all remember how that turned out. Let's hope for similar here...

And this for me is where Deal or No Deal gets interesting. When the banker actually makes a good offer for the board rather than forcing the players on. We get suprise decisions, and get to see a lot of people's different views of how they value/understand money.

Oh I see. He meant to say No Deal. He wasn't pressured by Noel/audience/producers to carry on or anything like that. No, it was a mistake. So on we go. And please let this game crash.

Two power five hits in round 4, and this is exactly why I deal at £15k. The next offer is £7,500 which is actually reasonably decent. Was expecting £LOL_NO_DEAL. Not that he'll ever take this. We're chasing the £15k now. And he takes it lol. Makes me think he was pressured into carrying on. If you're not taking that £15k offer before I can't see why you're taking £7.5k now. If he was pressured into carrying on at least he's had the sense to stop whilst there's still money in the game.

£50k is taken leaving a very exposed looking £75k/£15k at 5-box. £15k offer from the banker is a downright lie (mean £18k). They've pressured him into carrying on. He's done so. He then gets out where he decides he needs the money. And now they're guilt tripping him with an offer that would never happen.

Thankfully he takes out the £75,000. £7,000 on a blue/£15,000 finish is also a lie.

Hmm. Intersting twist here. The gamble would be too obvious (and obviously never taken). As far as I read it he has the option of a swap. If he opens £15k he gets it. If not he keeps the £7,500 instead. Be funny if he said no deal to this. The producers have obviously realised just what they've done in this game and are trying to atone for it. Fair play I guess, but they really shouldn't have put themselves in this situation to begin with.

And he had the £15,000. I originally said I wanted it to crash but after reading through the rest of it I'm actually happy for him. I didn't watch the show but the way it went down it very much sounds like the producers were manipulating it all along. They wanted to show that Gamble! Gamble! Gamble! is the way to go. But it turns out it wasn't and in desperation they did all they could to fix it. Not cool.

And to think I said I didn't think this game would be as interesting as Mini's...

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Dennis

Right, first things first, this should never happen again and actually made a mockery of this great show.

We'll never know for sure whether Dennis truly meant to deal at the 3rd offer, but he should never have got the chance to have been asked the question again (Mary was different..she realised the mistake as soon as she said it..not during/after a break!).

And then to have been given a win-win situation at 2-box. Well, why not just hand him the £15,000 without opening the box..

I don't want to see £15,000 won like this, I'd rather see it done by making a brave no-deal or something. That way, it would be deserved..

paulyc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:02 pm    Author: paulyc    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Dennis

I really liked Dennis on the show but that was one of the weirdest games ever! Should be renamed deal no deal, deal no deal, no brainer no brainer.

I agree with the comment that he thought the cameras were cut and probably to counter noel's tendency for a guilt trip on early deals, said that he meant to go on. Once they played that clip he probably felt obliged (I would have!). Anyway, it all went pear shaped and the producers backpedaled and gave him a no lose situation which was good for him. Hopefully this will stop them messing with people's games to this extend, which can only be a good thing.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:45 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 16/07 Dennis

Worst Game In The History Of The Show. Mini's game was entertaining, this was just awful awful awful and so unfair as the next day Poor Mini won next to nothing.

[ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]