Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:45 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:45 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:48 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

Warnings: 0
That was gutting - a different pick at the end of both rounds 5 and 6 would no doubt have seen a very generous offer, I'm always wary of Box 1 - the number of times I shout "Don't pick box 1" when watching the show when it contains a big number is untrue!

Still she took it well and even though she came across as a "don't care" gambler she didn't turn down anything stupidly generous like Rob did recently (indeed I thought the offers were all pretty poor apart from 5-box, and of course the mean at 2-box when it didn't matter)!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

unclekevo wrote:
Such a shock as Christina seemed to be extremely cautious. This sounds bad but I would have rather had Jez winning the 50p, he just came across as roudy and annoying yesterday.

To you perhaps. I personally found Jez eccentric and funny.

Also, OHO was annoying at first, but now it's really starting to grate on me. I'm sick of the phrase, and I grimace every time Noel mentions it. Just utterly hate it. How long has it been since he coined the phrase?

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

He coined it a few months ago when people were constantly throwing away big money

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

I seem to remember it was around the time of May's game way back on Mothers' Day that he started using the OHO club.

SCDancing34

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Author: SCDancing34    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

I really liked today's game, such a shame about the result (Daphne all over again - kind of)

One of the best starts we've had in a while, and I thought that the offers throughout were all very fair (however, they did not make her appear wreckless in her persue of the "big money").

The OHO club really is starting to annoy me. I think we can work out for ourselves after long enough that they're going to see it through to the end, without having to call them an "OHO" every few minutes!

For me I would have won 50p/75p (I always prefer to go with a random pence offer 8)), as 11-box was easily worth the risk at the time, 8-box was worth a bit more thought but still a no deal - as for the fairly generous 5-box offer I would have gone on at that point, purely based upon the fact it was the lowest offer of the game so far :oops:.

Probably my favourite game of the month so far, although there hasn't been much competition really :roll:

Should tomorrow's episode be the first day we have the adverts at the breaks for the Summer Special week?

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:40 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

Entertaining game but unfortunately a low win - much like Helen's game I saw at the studios once, same win too! 17k at 11-box wasn't enough to go (my EV thingy said 24k there) and 8-box was a tricky decision given how precarious the board had become, but difficult to accept a drop from the previous offer in that situation anyway, especially with 2 of the power 5 still there - EV gave its most accurate prediction of an offer to date - £11,911.14!

Shame we can't get away from these blue wins consistently at the moment, when not so long ago we were working out how many players hadn't seen one whilst on the wings! (How much of this is down to the now constant hammering of the OHO mentality into players, I wonder... :ponder: )

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

An unfortunate outcome today. It seemed Christina wasn't the type of contestant who was reliant on the money so can't blame her for taking gambles at 8-box and 5-box (an 11-box deal today would have been extremely cautious).

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:49 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina

Can't really criticise Christina for playing to the end, the offers were respectable enough but not earth shattering, there were no 'no-brainer' offers or even especially tempting ones, though i must admit i would have been very tempted by the final offer just because of how rare it is for the Banker to offer the exact mean. It does show a degree of respect.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 13/07 Christina
International Forums Moderator

That was the sort of game that could be been designed to make a player look reckless. I think many people would have been chasing the money there even if they'd take far less generous offers in similar situations arrived through some other means. A frustrating game, but it's games like this that make the good games feel better.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]