Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

Warnings: 0
A truly inspirational man. Okay the really big money eluded Maurice but as he said he has the money to do the trip to Australia and clear his mortgage, surely a good result. Maurice, like my wife, has suffered tongue cancer despite, like my wife, not smoking or drinking (the accepted root cause of the illness) and yet he survives and is a testament to the health services and his tenacity. He is nearly seven years beyond the treatments and going strong. My wife is not even 40 and yet now we are beyond the treatments we are both so looking forward to getting an all clear before the end of this year. Maurice, your game inspires my wife in her battle and we both wish you all the very best for the future.

DanS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

Great game. He could have had more money, but he's just one of those guys that makes you think - who cares? He's happy with what he's got. The man was truly a legend, without being particularly funny or crazy (which are the kind of players I usually love).

I'm sure a certain somebody will complain about how the banker has won again, but I'm sure everyone else will agree that this is an occasion where losing to the banker isn't really important. It was just a very feel-good game. Well done on the 18k Maurice! :-D

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

And the game ends with completely the opposite to an OPW, chalk up another victory to the Banker's somewhat winning streak

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice
International Forums Moderator

Another good game with a silver lining for the Banker. I'd have done the same and may even have gone at eight-box - a shame that after the reality check came a proveout to make him wish he'd kept on being a dreamer. No complaints whatsoever beyond that, though.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:44 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

:box: Well done Maurice.A really lovely man who must treasure every day.Hope he has a wonderful holiday.
sure he could have gone one more round but he won enough for his needs.

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice
International Forums Moderator

That was a great game, and Maurice is an inspiring character. Always nice for someone not just to win a good amount of money, but have the support of everyone around them.

Felt that £17,500 was a very good offer for the board, and that Maurice was a bit cheeky asking for £18k! When the banker said there would be a condition, I had a moment's thought that there would be some twist, such as he could have the extra £500, but there would be a forced banker's gamble if the £5/£75k scenario came up. Fortunately, it was just a postcard (well, you can't always trust airmail, can you? ;) )

He could have had £55,000, but then, he could have had £5 in his box. And yes, I have noticed a slight improvement in Noel's performance as a presenter, but as the banker reminded him, his line of questioning can be a bit obvious! :P

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:06 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

A great game i thought. Just like Jodie a few weeks ago Maurice took the Banker up on a perfectly respectable offer for the board only to have the dream final round and an all P5 finish, but just as with Jodie's game the end result didn't really matter for me - in fact if anything it mattered even less.

Maurice was as others have said an inspiration, and that was a very well earned £18k, things are definately on the up over at the dream factory

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 am    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

Genuinely delighted that Maurice won a handsome sum in his game, despite the fact it could've been a lot more. :)

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

Maurice always seemed to be the type of player whose life experience was always going to make him a gambler but £18k on that board was too good an offer to turn down. It's a shame he had the nightmare proveout but the kind of show that makes Deal so great to watch.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 22/06 Maurice

I always feel more sorry for people who hit the 10% chance of what would have been perfection after a 5-box deal that was very good for the board like this one, over ones who take a poor offer!

Can't fault the gameplay at all there, at least he didn't have the £75k!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]