Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:19 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 9:19 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
That is exactly what you wanted says Noel, and he asks Steve to not go home with a blue. The Banker says that if Steve has another all blue round the next offer would be over twice Steve's annual wage!

Banker's offer:

£12,000

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

North of £20,000...worth going on for, but it's a very dangerous call...I think I'd reluctantly deal here

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

I would deal here even though I would expect a very good 2-box offer if the £100k stayed.....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Steve says he has just done an all blue round and he has been there long enough to know that 2 all blue rounds are very rare.

Just as Noel asks the question the Banker calls and speaks to Steve.

Steve says

DEAL

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Pure Yorkshire steel, taking the money above being a bit reckless...here's hoping it pays off for him!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Bang! And the dirt is gone! :lol:

Good game in the end!

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Round 6 - Proveout round

17 - 10p Daphne

19 - £100,000 Newbie Jez

16 - £1,000 Rose

Banker time with £5 and £100 remaining

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

The newbie getting to open two boxes, both containing big amounts of money...what a way to introduce yourself Jez!

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Banker's offer would've been:

£36

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Noel opens Steve's box 3 and reveals £100

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Kelly with box 8 contains the £5

Noel asks Steve what that win will do for Steve, and Steve says his eldest daughter is gettting married next year so it will help with that, and his other daughters are learning to drive so he will be able to get them a runabout.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Yes! For once an above-the-odds offer on a one-box game doesn't lead to the big money being in the box, not a huge win but very feel-good.

(Still not an OPW due to the second offer though nobody could have dealt at that stage on that board!!) :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:38 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

matt26 wrote:
Noel claimed that only one person has taken out the top three in one round. I'm pretty sure it's more than just one...

Only Stuart has done it in live play (in a three-box round).

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:23 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Well finally we had a decent ending but it's still not an OPW, chalk up 4 weeks of the Banker on a roll, despite this one going well for the player

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

An 80-20 TPW is a great result. He didn't get suckered in by the promise of what would have been a great 2-box offer but only a 10% chance. If the banker had promised £36k for keeping the £100k in play whatever, it might have been worth the gamble but for a caretaker on minimum wage, it was a very sensible decision.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:44 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

MisterAl wrote:
matt26 wrote:
Noel claimed that only one person has taken out the top three in one round. I'm pretty sure it's more than just one...

Only Stuart has done it in live play (in a three-box round).

While I'm at it, Noel also said that 100k hasn't come to the table 'for a while'. Jodie's game was only two weeks ago!

Anyway, an enjoyable game overall. At 8-box it looked set to be a trainwreck, but ultimately a highly generous 5-box offer meant that it was a solid 12k win. Not an OPW due to the 15k second offer, but definitely a feel-good TPW. Hard not to be happy about that one.

DanS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:09 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Another Elvis lover eh? We had one a while back I'm sure, but I can't remember who. He was on the west wing, possibly in Steve's position. Was his name Brian or something like that?

Anyway, yes this game was good. After Mark's game on friday ending positively I am hoping that this is the start of a very good run of games. A couple more victories followed by a couple of OPWs will give the players momentum going into summer week.

maggieq

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 am    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

DanS wrote:
Another Elvis lover eh? We had one a while back I'm sure, but I can't remember who. He was on the west wing, possibly in Steve's position. Was his name Brian or something like that?

Anyway, yes this game was good. After Mark's game on friday ending positively I am hoping that this is the start of a very good run of games. A couple more victories followed by a couple of OPWs will give the players momentum going into summer week.

Yes it was Brian from Birmingham,think he won affair amount of money. :ponder: Did anyone spot Noel mention his father,l just checked his name,it was Dudley(bless him)he has a soft spot in his heart for his dear Dad.
:box: Good result for Steve.enjoy the dosh!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

Second game in a row where the player deals and comes away with an amount as close to the peak of the game as makes no odds.

Okay, so the psycologically all-important OPW might still be eluding us but it's still a very satisfying result and it's always good to see an Elvis fan do well :smt023

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:12 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 20/06 Steve

I got my prediction wrong with this one. I predicted Steve would win 1p - so I was well wrong!

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]