Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:18 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:30 pm    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

Warnings: 0
What a surprise, another blue win :roll:

The show is on a shocking run at the moment. I think I almost could've personally funded the last few weeks myself! :lol:

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

If this keeps happening, a lot of viewers may begin to lose interest in the show

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

Great intro by Noel - surprised the first offer wasn't a SWAP.

Ralph was an interesting contestant - he was a bit irritating for me with all his dithering about boxes and insistance on checking the box contents from yesterday.

It did seem likely that the £100 was going to be in his box today after the 2 swaps going wrong the last couple of days.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

Goodness me, will it ever end?! :shock: (the bad run, that is) I might even start to lose interest in the show if we get another week of this! Just ridiculous!

To be brutally honest, that was quite painful to watch today, the endless deliberating and then still going for the box he'd originally chosen anyway! The best part was when Noel helped himself to one of the pilgrim's lunches, now that is saying a lot!

My EV calculator today makes slightly interesting reading as it places the 11-box offer more around £5,999 than £6,999, so that was worth considering but an early stage to go, it predicted 8-box at £4,500 (close to the actual offer) and obviously 5-box was rubbish, you should expect a shade over £2k which might've been a reasonable consolation worth considering, but I don't blame him for going to the end after the 3rd offer.

EDIT: Although I think I'd have gone at £4,999 at 2-box myself.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

matt26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:57 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

Suddenly Wendy's game seems to be a lone bright spot amongst a terrible bunch of games.

killersbee wrote:
If this keeps happening, a lot of viewers may begin to lose interest in the show

That certainly wouldn't surprise me, though the main thing that keeps you watching is the fact that, in theory, the luck could change at any moment, and you don't want to stop watching immediately before someone wins a huge amount of money!

How else has it remained so popular after almost 5 years?

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

I imagine at times like this the shows producers must really regret their decision to rotate the players, under different circumstances I'm sure they would love to mess with the run order and drop a few OPWs & big money games into the mix. On the other hand it's that very familiarity with the contestants on the wings that keeps me tuning in during these fallow periods

Noel's intro was one of the funniest ever and Ralph's refusal to acknowledge the East Wing added some much needed humour to the first half of the game, but his constant dithering did drag out what was already a painful game. And the curse of the swap strikes again (OK non-swap in this case, but i was refering to the Bankers offer of the swap. At least when he doesn't offer it the player knows whatever they win was fully down to destiny, but when it is offered i can't help thinking it leaves a certain 'if only' feeling)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:13 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

Well, I really don't want the bad spell to continue, but it's fascinating to see how long it'll carry on for. We've still got some way to go before we match the horrendous run of games that we saw a couple of years ago. Between 25 August and 11 September 2008 the wins were as follows:

50p/£100/£1500/£100/£3000/50p/£4000/£23,000/£100/£750/£13,000/£50/£10/£5000/£350/£250

Sixteen games there, ten of them ending up with a blue win and with only two players managing to get more than five grand out of their game. If over the next week we've seen five more blue wins, only then can we start talking about June 2010 being the unluckiest period in the show's history.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/06 Ralph

Yeah and then call June the new September

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]