Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:12 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Warnings: 0
Think this would be a deal for me on that board

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:14 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Even with the loss of the QM, I would go on

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

He should deal here given how long he's taking

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

(Me and Wilson were saying over Messenger that he'd probably find it soon once he'd pick box 13 :lol: )

Steve's F&F still think he's going to win big, but he looks unsure...even Noel admits it's a big gamble because of the big gap between the £100,000 and £10,000...he's also reminded by David that it's a one-box game in terms of getting a better offer

Lee reckons he should listen to Lisa-Marie...cue her to be asked down to the Pound Table for a hug (even though Noel snatches one off her :lol: ) Steve really does seem lost now the £250,000 has gone so Lisa-Marie really needs to help here...but the Banker calls...

...stay in the room with no floor...stay in the room with no ceiling...the dilemma has given him an idea, to do something unusual...if he declines £7,500, and at 5-box if the £100,000 is still in play, Steve will be allowed to proceed one box at a time!

Steve's decision is...to DEAL!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

And he does deal...I did think there was a recovery round due

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

A lot of the pilgrims, as well as Noel, thought Steve was going on...

Next round (proveout)...

Box 21 - newbie Wendy - £5

Box 22 - Alan - £1

The two smallest gone!

Box 20 - Jean - £50 :(

Banker time...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Mark

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Should have been brave and went on. With just one box to open after the next offer, worth going on. All blue round was possible and it was.

Just hope the £100k is found.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Remember it's one box at a time here, cue probable overinflated offers...

Banker's offer would've been:

£20,000

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

And what did I say?

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:20 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

That's a blatant lie

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Final round (proveout)

Box 5 - Clive - £100,000 :D

What a relief, says Noel!

£2,000

Box 1 - Adam - £3,000

£1,500

Box 12 - Ahmed - £10

Banker time...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Well, he found the £100k, but it was too late

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:24 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

£4,000

Kitchen/diner is used as a pun for Steve's home story! :P

Steve's box 19 contains £10,000 :(

Sonia opens box 2 which has £250

Steve's target was £20,000 - was the Banker psychic?!?! :shock:

Steve says the reality check of the game collapsing made him deal, yet Lisa-Marie admits it takes a long time to save up such a sizeable size of money! :)

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:26 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

After hearing that, I guess it all went wrong after the biggie went

This week's victory goes to The Banker...in the words of Rambo, SOS! ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

It really has been a massive week for the Banker, fair play because we're bound to have weeks like this every now and then!

But hey ho, it's a brand new week tomorrow...

KP

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve
International Forums Moderator

A slightly odd game in many ways, and a frustrating one, but realistically there was no way of getting £20k out of the game and at best, recklessly chasing it would have secured £2,500 more than he actually won. Definitely a Better Than It Seemed game for me.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Rubbish game by the sound of it, glad I went and got a chinese and relaxed in the garden instead

maggieq

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:20 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

:smt009 l'm sure he would have gone one more box if his partner had'nt come to the table.at least he went home with a red.consolation prize l guess.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:36 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

Even with 1 box to open, the 5 box offer wouldn't have been more than £15k at most in real plat. With 3 to open, it probably wouldn't have got to 5 figures. It's games like that would make me always ask for a guarantee in situations like this.

matt26

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 23/05 Steve

This really has been a rubbish week, hasn't it? Save for Lisa's game, all the people who go to the end have had relentless bad luck, whereas the people who deal could have had a fair bit more! (I don't acknowledge her proveout 19k as being truthful - it would probably have gone down in active play) 20k was inflated; the real offer would have been more like 15k, and I was glad that the 10k was in the box so that it would be a definite OBW rather than an unfair TBW.

And in terms of winnings, it's officially the 4th worst week in DOND history. Hopefully next week will fare better...

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]