Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:12 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 1:12 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

Warnings: 0
Maybe the banker is the Independent Adjudicator? But then again he does get to look inside the player's box sometimes, and Noel does often mention that it's a lady.

Or maybe it is just he has got a knack for predictions?

I dunno. :?

HARRYwoohoo!!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:32 pm    Author: HARRYwoohoo!!    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

me neither, but i didnt like him calling twice today and being right both times :smt009

KP

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly
International Forums Moderator

It is not enough for a game to be fair; it has to be seen to be fair.

Today's game, I presume, was fair. But to the millions of viewers at home, did it look fair? Arguably not. If it's a trick of the edit, it's a really, really stupid one.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

KP wrote:
It is not enough for a game to be fair; it has to be seen to be fair.

Today's game, I presume, was fair. But to the millions of viewers at home, did it look fair? Arguably not. If it's a trick of the edit, it's a really, really stupid one.

As I said, the banker's done it lots of times before, and has often been wrong.

And I'm pretty sure that if the banker did know the contents of the boxes, the show would have gotten into trouble long ago for claiming that only the adjudicator knew where the money was. I'm pretty sure most people are smart enough to realise that there's nothing suspicious here.

DanS

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:48 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

I personally think he was just playing mind games with Kelly. I don't think he was making any serious predictions. He just wanted to play mind games and he was lucky enough for the boxes to go his way.

KP

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly
International Forums Moderator

He has done such tricks and been wrong before, matt - quite right on that. Doesn't half look worrying when he's right, though...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

What a nasty game - no luck whatsoever.

Poor Kelly, no bad decisions because there were no real decisions to make. That £4k offer looked very tempting in hindsight but I don't think many people would have taken it, she had a good chance of an all blue round and it was definately worth the gamble, just sod's law it didn't pay off.

The Banker's sudden gift for premonition was spooky but no i don't believe he had any genuine knowledge. It was just mind games combined with sheer bad luck. In fact he probably only made the second prediction to prove the first one was a fluke!

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:47 pm    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

I actually thought Cookie's shirt was alright today! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:13 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

Not even my cautious 8-box system would have saved me today (I'd have wanted about £6k to deal).

For all those who are suspicious about the banker getting the predictions right (a 1 in 21 chance), just wonder how many other predictions are wrong and end up on the editing room floor.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:18 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

Gee, what a cruel game that was - absolutely nothing she could've done there, or indeed anyone unless they were prepared to take an extremely cautious deal. I always dread when the banker makes predictions like that and they make the edit, as he often seems to be right, and it just made the game even more painful than it was already. He was just despicable today - I know it's his job to be, but still!

Out of interest, does anyone know if any player has left 4 consecutive board values as the last 4 before, like Kelly did today with 50p, £1, £5 and £10, and what would be the odds of doing this? (Maybe Daniel left the top 4, I know he had £750 with them at 5-box... :ponder: )

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

I just think that this show has been better days and following that massive trainwreck, were probably gonna see 8-Box deals come back again, James

DanS

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

Old Faithful wrote:
I actually thought Cookie's shirt was alright today! :-D

So did I. That is actually the kind of top I'd wear. :)

matt26

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:04 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 05/05 Kelly

killersbee wrote:
I just think that this show has been better days and following that massive trainwreck, were probably gonna see 8-Box deals come back again, James

Explaiun what's wrong with 8-bx deals. Seriously, where's the problem?

StatsMan wrote:
Out of interest, does anyone know if any player has left 4 consecutive board values as the last 4 before, like Kelly did today with 50p, £1, £5 and £10, and what would be the odds of doing this? (Maybe Daniel left the top 4, I know he had £750 with them at 5-box... :ponder: )

Daniel definitely left the top four as the final 4. Out of 7,315 possible 4-boxes, 19 of them involve four consecutive amounts, so statistically you would expect it to happen once every 385 games. It feels like someone else has done it before, but I really don't know...

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]