Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Round 5

2 - £10 Cookie

10 - £5 Mary

3 - £10,000 Craig

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:45 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

The Banker says that Ray has converted his game into a roller-coaster ride.

Banker's offer:

£11,000

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

That is really good says Ray. Sal tells Ray to really think about this. Ray says while on the wings he has been terrible at predicting when to play on and the rounds normally crash when he has said play on.

Ray says

NO DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Come on Ray! :D

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Round 6

Wow says Noel, he thought Ray was going then.

1 - £250 Fran

20 - £75,000 Gareth

He's done it again says Noel!

9 - £1,000 Brendan

Banker time with £100 and £15,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

This will be interesting says Ray. The Banker says he really likes Gareth.

Banker's offer:

£4,450

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Ray says

NO DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Gareth is a real terminator right now...hate it when it goes wrong! :(

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

The Banker calls and asks if Ray would swap.

Ray says he always said he would never swap.

Banker's offer:

SWAP

Ray says

NO SWAP

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Noel says no one wants to talk about Zaid's game, but Ray has the same finish as him, but in Zaid's game he took the £15,000 away from the table with a swap.

Noel opens box 19 and reveals £15,000 :D

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Fabulous game says Noel.

Sharon with box 7 contains the £100

That is officially a Banker Spanking says Noel.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Yay! He won £15,000 :D

And £100 in Box 7 again!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray
International Forums Moderator

Noel admits that Caroline went on against her true preferences. I didn't see the game, so I don't know if the presenter's culpable on this occasion, but it's all too conceivable. Certainly, the fact that she asked for an offer no higher than the £17,500 is proof that she was immensely relieved and desperate not to push her luck any further.

Truth be told, the truth be told, I'm worried what this game now holds, this game now holds... it's Yet Another Firefighter, one of the show's favourite subtle means of plugging the 'courage' angle, there.

I'm definitely worried about Ray after that opening round. What a fantastic five-box that set of values would be - I'd want £26,000 to even think about it. The offer? Of course it's a joke.

Two blues was necessary there, shame another big number went in between. The Banker actually makes an offer this time.

Two blues... blast. Now we really are in trouble. Another joke offer, we're moving on to the ADP... with two perfect boxes! Good player-specific angle at the break... and then he only goes and hits the second-highest box remaining! Lawks! Would he be 'quackers' to take six grand here? No. Most players chase the game at these stakes though and he's no different.

Blue... blue!... and that red we can take! I think it's Deal time now.

Quote:
Ray says while on the wings he has been terrible at predicting when to play on and the rounds normally crash when he has said play on.

Ray says

NO DEAL

Oh-kay then. Where did that logic come from? And it costs him... or does it? We still have the £15,000 in play, he'll probably be forced to chase it a lá Zaid (same blue, too!)... OK, not quite, it's a respectable bailout and exactly the right territory for this configuration. Neither decision is wrong, but I'd expect him to be chasing the OPW here... yup... Noel steps back and doesn't intervene by mentioning Zaid's game at the point of decision! Can you do that every day?

And the chase... is successful! Now, all we can hope for is that this doesn't get Noel influencing tomorrow's player.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:26 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

KP wrote:
Noel admits that Caroline went on against her true preferences. I didn't see the game, so I don't know if the presenter's culpable on this occasion, but it's all too conceivable. Certainly, the fact that she asked for an offer no higher than the £17,500 is proof that she was immensely relieved and desperate not to push her luck any further.

She couldn't really have made it more obvious tbh. She was a nervous wreck by that point, on the point of tears. But the relief at narrowly avoiding a blue win cheered her up no end. :)

Quote:
Truth be told, the truth be told, I'm worried what this game now holds, this game now holds... it's Yet Another Firefighter, one of the show's favourite subtle means of plugging the 'courage' angle, there.

I think you're reading too far into things there. Seriously, that would rush over the heads of 99% of people.

Quote:
And the chase... is successful! Now, all we can hope for is that this doesn't get Noel influencing tomorrow's player.

I love how your first reaction to a 15k OPW is 'I hope this doesn't influence tomorrow's player'. Can't you ever be, I don't know, happy for once? :P

Anyway, well done on 15k Ray!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray
International Forums Moderator

I did indeed admit it was subtle :)

But yes, easy to lose track of the fact it was a fine chase-the-money game, with an undoubted Happy End, and it's hard to complain about two straight OPWs.

Though apparently I'm quite good at it. ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

An OPW out of nowhere can't be bad. The 5 box no-deal was certainly brave (especially with the backup only just higher than the offer) but can't blame him for going for it at the end and I thought no-one would notice the coincidence from Monday's game but at least it was only mentioned just before the box opening.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Nice to see someone play the game so cheerfully despite not the best of luck (until near the end anyway!!), and was really happy for him that the chase was successfully pulled off - there was still consolation money with 2 high blues and £1,000 even if he did lose both significant reds from 5-box. And good to see someone with a system, I have no idea why they get on Noel's nerves!!

Two OPWs should hopefully lessen the memory of Zaid's crash, indeed three of the last four games have been OPWs with Glen as well!

I thought the balloon duck and the banker phoning just before Noel was about to pull the seal (after Ray had declined the swap) were great comedy moments too, so an excellent show all in all!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

maggieq

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

:laughing really enjoyed Rays game.for once things ended happily.he was a happy chappie.enjoy the dosh Ray.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:57 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 21/04 Ray

Another very enjoyable game and a very satisfying win.

For some reason i thought he might have dealt at 5 box and when the £75k went in the next round I really thought he'd blown it. Turned out playing till the end was the right decision though.

I remember the Banker used to be 'scared' of firemen but that no longer seems to be the case for some reason...

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]